What are your top 3 favorite pizza toppings/topping combinations?

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This thread is terrible for carb watchers... I want more pizza now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
beer? I miss beer. Stupid running.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Nope. Haven't had pizza in a long time either. I'm on a 1500kal a day diet.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nope. Haven't had pizza in a long time either. I'm on a 1500kal a day diet.
OK, here too, but isn't that a bit low if you're running?
Oops... I did have a couple pieces on Saturday...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
OK, here too, but isn't that a bit low if you're running?
Oops... I did have a couple pieces on Saturday...
Trying to lose 2.5 pounds a week until I hit my goal of 180.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But as Efin pointed out you're better off to take in more if you need more because if you under calorie yourself the body will go into starvation mode and store more of what you take in as fat by lowering your metabolism. I don't know your height age and all that stuff plus what plan length goal you have I just know at 52 and my height I need 2400 to maintain my weight of 200# with my current fitness and activity level. I'd love to see 180 again but I love eating dinner after 6pm more than my desire. With my work schedule most nights if I don't eat dinner after 10pm I can't eat dinner at all.
Btw, studies have shown a 12oz non alcoholic beer is the best electrolyte and carb replacement after a sweaty workout when compared to sports drinks.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
But as Efin pointed out you're better off to take in more if you need more because if you under calorie yourself the body will go into starvation mode and store more of what you take in as fat by lowering your metabolism. I don't know your height age and all that stuff plus what plan length goal you have I just know at 52 and my height I need 2400 to maintain my weight of 200# with my current fitness and activity level. I'd love to see 180 again but I love eating dinner after 6pm more than my desire. With my work schedule most nights if I don't eat dinner after 10pm I can't eat dinner at all.
Btw, studies have shown a 12oz non alcoholic beer is the best electrolyte and carb replacement after a sweaty workout when compared to sports drinks.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
If my body wasn't used to it, yes it would go into save mode but I've been at this level, minus cheat days since January. I'm finally getting faster and stronger but the scale doesn't move much. Even if I go back to 1800-2000kal a day. Need to work harder.

Sports drinks are horrible. The sodium is bad for me. I'm under 1k mg a day. Trying to lower BP naturally.

If I have a long run in the sun, I'll take a couple of salt caps.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

How has things been going with your goal?
And what have you been doing diet wise and calorie wise?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
How has things been going with your goal?
And what have you been doing diet wise and calorie wise?
I was sick all of may so the diet tanked. No running, no working out. It hurt me. I'm at 1900 calories total for the day right now. Scale hasn't moved but I'm faster and stronger. 248 as of this am. The number pisses me off but eventually I'll break the plateau.

Diet - 6am oatmeal for breakfast, 8am yogurt snack, 10 handful of raisins, 12pm salad for lunch(6 oz of chicken, mushrooms, celery and carrots, 2pm banana for afternoon snack, 4pm Some peanuts or pistachios, 6pm is a turkey burger, chicken grilled, or salmon grilled with more veggies. Around 8pm is an 8oz glass of milk. The rest is 120-140oz of water. Alcohol is to a bare minimal. Had my first beer last weekend in a while.

Wednesday starts my longer runs- 6 to 8 miles every other day. Tomorrow starts my new lifting regimen. Lighter weights more reps.

Reactions: cr6
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was sick all of may so the diet tanked. No running, no working out. It hurt me. I'm at 1900 calories total for the day right now. Scale hasn't moved but I'm faster and stronger. 248 as of this am. The number pisses me off but eventually I'll break the plateau.

Diet - 6am oatmeal for breakfast, 8am yogurt snack, 10 handful of raisins, 12pm salad for lunch(6 oz of chicken, mushrooms, celery and carrots, 2pm banana for afternoon snack, 4pm Some peanuts or pistachios, 6pm is a turkey burger, chicken grilled, or salmon grilled with more veggies. Around 8pm is an 8oz glass of milk. The rest is 120-140oz of water. Alcohol is to a bare minimal. Had my first beer last weekend in a while.

Wednesday starts my longer runs- 6 to 8 miles every other day. Tomorrow starts my new lifting regimen. Lighter weights more reps.

I know it's a numbers game: calories in vs calories out (something I am truly working on myself). But could you be consuming too little calories?

On the days you run do you increase your calorie intake a little to supply your body the fuel it needs to sustain itself and repair muscle tissues and fibers damaged during a strenuous workout?

We been at this a bit with ups and downs (@94lt1). Weird because the days Im down and frustrated B has an awesome lifting story and vise verse. Not sure if you have a place to discuss fitness because I know it has helped me keep it going through the ups and downs. And I had many down days and have learned a lot from my many falls.

Mustang I hope you continue to share your training and meal plans. I may snag a bit from you. Oh and @cr6 has some awesome recipe that he drop on us from time to time. And that can help when you get tired of the chicken, rice, and veggies.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yep! We're here to help if you need any tips, pointers, suggestions... OR just somewhere to share your experiences whether they are positive or negative. Between all of us, we cover the whole gamut of diet, exercise and basically just living a healthier lifestyle.

Like you, I'm just getting back into it myself. I've been on hiatus since last December due to an emergency back surgery and then a 5 level cervical fusion in Feb. I've lost a lot of muscle due to my inability to workout since last Thanksgiving. I'm down to 174lbs, and at 6ft, that's light for me. I usually average between 185-190 when I'm in shape, so I've got a lot of work to do myself to get back to where I need to be.

S5 tap'n

Last edited: