What are YOU looking for in a custom ROM?

jsvanham

Reaction score
Home screens to auto rotate

five soft key button on the bottom: back, home, search, settings. I see mods that have this with setting on both sides but would look better if we could see them all the time.

Reaction score
A ROM that auto toggles between 4g and 3g (or even 4g to 1x) while the screen is off, and does it seamlessly, to conserve battery.

darthmuffin

Reaction score
Incremental upgrades! I want to be able to go from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4, 4.1, etc without having to completely wipe and reload. The carriers do it, c'mon, you can too :)

alienware777

Reaction score
A ROM that auto toggles between 4g and 3g (or even 4g to 1x) while the screen is off, and does it seamlessly, to conserve battery.

Juice Defender

Home screens to auto rotate

five soft key button on the bottom: back, home, search, settings. I see mods that have this with setting on both sides but would look better if we could see them all the time.

Nova Launcher

Most of you guys are searching for roms when you should be looking at apps. Half the things you want are solvable with them. And if not, just look at mods. Go on rootzwiki, they have a bunch of stuff.

I would add to the list the native option to use the volume rocker for Sound/Vibrate/Silent...

Thats how my stock GN works so idk what you mean lol... Btw is there going to be Sourcery for the GN? :p

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
More vibration (if that is even possible????)

Reboot options as everyone else mentioned

add widgets from homescreen (why did they take this feature out?)

Multiple scrolling docks built into native launcher

alienware777

Reaction score
More vibration (if that is even possible????)

Reboot options as everyone else mentioned

add widgets from homescreen (why did they take this feature out?)

Multiple scrolling docks built into native launcher

Agreed; Theres a mod for that on rootzwiki; nova launcher; nova launcher

Again, stop looking for roms when your need to look at apps/mods.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most of you guys are searching for roms when you should be looking at apps. Half the things you want are solvable with them. And if not, just look at mods. Go on rootzwiki, they have a bunch of stuff.

No these things are what we want natively so we don't have to download extra apps hence him asking what features do you want to see built into the Rom.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed; Theres a mod for that on rootzwiki; nova launcher; nova launcher

Again, stop looking for roms when your need to look at apps/mods.

Look we all have been doing this long enough to know there are apps and mods to solve some issues we don't need you to reply to everyone of us saying that. That's not what this thread is about, it's just for fun to see what we would like to see baked right into the Rom off the bat without having to download anything else.

PEIwoman

Reaction score
While were waiting for ROM's to be baked, what are you looking for? I have a short list:
  • native ad blocking
  • long press to add widgets on home screen
  • eliminate google search bar and reclaim the space
  • native quiet hours
Other than those, I'm liking stock. What do you guys think?

X2 for new GNex owner waiting for Simply Stunning...