What are the chances of bricking my Droid Incredible?

goatmonkey

Reaction score
If I follow enlightened's instructions in the sticky exactly, what are the chances of bricking my phone? I've read up and decided it's definitely something I want to do, but this is my last concern. I'm pretty good with computers and technology, but hesitant because of the cost of replacing it in case something went wrong. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks guys

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you follow the instructions, and understand what's happening, then your chances of killing your phone dead are slim to none. They're pretty robust and tolerant of stupid human tricks.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you follow those instructions carefully, the chance of bricking is slim to done. If you don't understand something, ask before proceeding. I have not seen any phones bricked due to rooting. It's usually getting into flashing ROMs, kernels, radios that people are having major issues with, but a lot of time it's because they don't know what their doing or did not follow instructions.

Last edited:

smtom

Reaction score
50-50, you do or you don’t.
Kidding .... the guides are superb, you s/b just fine.
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
G

goatmonkey

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm going to do it probably tomorrow.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
goatmonkey, if you have any questions please ask. You should be fine though.

Let us know how it goes!

leifdawg

Reaction score
If my phone is not stock-meaning I have been using it for about 6 months, downloading updates and installing apps-is there an increased risk of bricking the phone while rooting?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
If my phone is not stock-meaning I have been using it for about 6 months, downloading updates and installing apps-is there an increased risk of bricking the phone while rooting?

No you'll be fine. The term "stock" refers to a non-rooted phone, that's all.

-Mike

stinkybudz

Reaction score
"Stickys" are the threads at the top of the forum that are in a darker color. They are the important threads that everybody needs to see.