What's Your Favorite ROM?

ambrown

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering rooting and ROMing my phone. I'm tired of the bugginess of the 2.3 update.

Anyway, I've never modded or flashed a ROM and was wondering what you guys suggest as a good ROM. I'm not sold on any type of ROM so feel free to suggest whatever you like. There are so many out there its hard to know whats best.

The main ones I was looking at possibly going with were CyanogenMod and SkyRaider Sense . But feel free to enlighten me if you think something is better.

Sent from my Droid Incredible (2.3.4) using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I love CM7, but since this is you're first ROM I'd suggest something maybe a little simpler and more user friendly till you realize what all the settings are in CM. I can't suggest any ones based on experience as
I don't have an incredible! :p

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

google123

Reaction score
I've been using a Droid Pro for a while now until 2 days ago when I got an Incredible. I rooted it right away and have just installed MikRoms Droid Incredible HD. Its a super stable ROM that looks great and has many features. When I had my Pro I used CyanogenMod on that. I am also curious about putting MIUI on my Incredible. I think I'll get BootManager and try out several ROMs in the next couple of days.

david14807

Reaction score
I was a die had Cyanogen until I tried MIUI.

MIUI has an apple look and is easy to customize (boot animation etc.).

MIUI is similar to Cyanogen in that it has a weekly build, it's constantly improved.

OP
ambrown

ambrown

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

My only issue now seems to be that unrevoked can't yet root the gingerbread OTA. So unless I want to get down and dirty and root it myself, or try to revert to 2.2, I'm stuck waiting for a stable root. Go figure, when I finally decide to take the jump I get shut down. Oh well, keep the recommendations coming, I'll get around to romming sooner or later.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
I put nils business gingersense on my wifes inc. She loves it and has had no issues. It took me a bit of coaxing to get her to let me mess with her phone but she's happy I did now. I've never tried any others on it so I can't compare it. It definitely improved how snappy and user friendly the phone is though.,

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums