Unrooting a Droid Incredible

Chatrapathi

Reaction score
Hi all,

So, my friend semi-bricked his Droid Incredible while trying to put some iPhone theme/ROM on it. He promptly went out and got a new Thunderbold, and I asked to see if I could unbrick the Incredible because I've been stuck with a LG Chocolate Touch ever since I was mugged and my Droid (1) was stolen.

So, I can get to HBOOT (Version 0.79) just fine. When I turn on the phone, it just sits on the boot screen (where it says HTC Incredible on a white background). I want to unroot/unbrick it with the RUU method as described in the unrooting thread in this forum. I cannot, however, get my computer or HTC Sync to recognize the Incredible. When I plug it in, the dialog box pops up at the taskbar and says it couldn't find drivers for the Incredible.

Is there anyway I can get my computer to recognize the Incredible? Or is there at least some other way to get it to work?

Oh, by the way, apparently my friend got the ROM from this website: MIUI Developers - Official MIUI Developer Blog. I don't know if that'll help, but it's best to have all the info, I guess.

Thanks!

OP
C

Chatrapathi

Reaction score
Sorry Mods, you can delete this thread. I fixed the phone using the other method posted in the Unrooting the Incredible thread. Thanks!