Well the battery life on this phone, is terrible.

Elysian

Reaction score
I just beat Super Mario Bros 3 :D

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my previous post, I'm also overclocking.

meaker

Reaction score
My battery life is what I think GREAT. Stock phone, factory wall paper, at least two hour a day talking on it, min of 1 hour on the web. I get around 40 hours from a full charge.
Can I have you battery??? lol. If I turn off everything, running app, no sync, no gps, no refesh, no texting, no calls, and no web, Just let the phone idle I would not get 40 hours...

Elysian

Reaction score
My battery life is what I think GREAT. Stock phone, factory wall paper, at least two hour a day talking on it, min of 1 hour on the web. I get around 40 hours from a full charge.
Can I have you battery??? lol. If I turn off everything, running app, no sync, no gps, no refesh, no texting, no calls, and no web, Just let the phone idle I would not get 40 hours...

I don't turn off anything, use my phone quite a bit, and I make it through the whole day. Not 40 hours, but 1 day is perfect.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sounds like a bad unit to me. You should really get that exchanged

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
300 texts per day would drain any ones battery that "quickly"

That's some HEAVY texting.

You got great advice here already the only thing I will add is that you shouldn't expect your device to get a lot more battery life than what you are getting right now. The huge screen being on constantly and all the texting will drain it quickly. No getting around that one.
Well its 150 sent, 150 received. Not 300 sent.

Yes, I text a lot, something like 15k a month used.

When I go to battery check it says Display is eating up my battery. :\

Oh yea, I only have installed 2 apps, and have NO WIDGETS running.

Silver Member
Reaction score
display is eating your battery because you're constantly leaving it on. if you turn your display off after each text or just be done with the phone, you'll improve battery life. the more you stare at the screen, the more battery it eats.

TekHawk

Reaction score

You got great advice here already the only thing I will add is that you shouldn't expect your device to get a lot more battery life than what you are getting right now. The huge screen being on constantly and all the texting will drain it quickly. No getting around that one.

whats your screen timeout set to in that case?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can only make it through half the day. Which is:

• Zero phone calls
  • 300 texts
  • 30 mins of web
Thats all I do, and that kills my phone. I adjusted the brightness to auto, and WIFI is off, Bluetooth off.

Help.

I'll bet you have a task killer - if so, delete it. Do have a virus protection programs? - if so, delete it.

Install Screebl and set it for 5 degrees of tilt to 75 degrees of tilt. Then set your screen timeout to 15 seconds.

Do as others have said and look at Settings/About Phone/Battery Use to learn where your power is being used.

Dim your screen and turn Auto Brightness off.

And lastly, do a search and read all the many threads about the Droid battery. You will learn how to make your battery last all day and into the night. If you can not get your battery to last all day, then you have a problem with either the battery or the charging circuit. BTW, you can install Battery Life and it's widget will show the real mV level of your battery so you can see if it getting fully charged.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Rettocs

Reaction score
The screen is always the big battery killer for me

Don't use auto. Set to the lowest setting

The only reason I use auto is because when I would put it into any other setting, the screen wouldn't turn off during a call using the proximity sensor. Did I do something wrong? Does the proximity sensor still turn off the screen for a phone call when you are NOT using auto?

ShowTime

Reaction score
The only reason I use auto is because when I would put it into any other setting, the screen wouldn't turn off during a call using the proximity sensor. Did I do something wrong? Does the proximity sensor still turn off the screen for a phone call when you are NOT using auto?

I have mine set at about 5% and the screen always blacks out during a call perfectly. Something else is amiss with yours.

deputc26

Reaction score

• Zero phone calls
  • 300 texts
  • 30 mins of web
Thats all I do, and that kills my phone. I adjusted the brightness to auto, and WIFI is off, Bluetooth off.

Help.

I'll bet you have a task killer - if so, delete it. Do have a virus protection programs? - if so, delete it.

Install Screebl and set it for 5 degrees of tilt to 75 degrees of tilt. Then set your screen timeout to 15 seconds.

Do as others have said and look at Settings/About Phone/Battery Use to learn where your power is being used.

And lastly, do a search and read all the many threads about the Droid battery. You will learn how to make your battery last all day and into the night. If you can not get your battery to last all day, then you have a problem with either the battery or the charging circuit. BTW, you can install Battery Life and it's widget will show the real mV level of your battery so you can see if it getting fully charged.

This, except taskkillers don't eat any battery unless you leave them open which no-one I'm aware of does. Screebl is great.

TekHawk

Reaction score
random thought since this wasnt brought up... you dont have vibration on txt turned on do you 150 txt would take a noticable chunk out of the battery if so

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Nope, phone is always on silent.

No task killers installed either, only 2 non stock apps I have installed are "Backgrounds" and "Handcent"

I just turned GPS off, but will that even do anything? I don't use the maps so I don't know when the GPS would even be used.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

• Zero phone calls
  • 300 texts
  • 30 mins of web

Help.

This, except taskkillers don't eat any battery unless you leave them open which no-one I'm aware of does. Screebl is great.

Nah, I just threw in the Task Killer thing as part of my campaign to get rid of them. They do use battery because it seems that a lot of folks get carried away and use them at the end of each and every session. My spiel is: you don't need to kill programs. Android will kill whatever it needs to kill. I got rid of the Task Killer in late November (the sales rep put it on my phone). My phone is fast and the battery life is excellent. Well, I thought it was excellent until I read about Steve H getting 40 hours out of his.

iPirate

Reaction score

Not surprised the display eats your battery, it is the biggest battery drain for me too. What phone did you have before that survived 150 texts sent a day? :icon_eek: