Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ forum

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
galaxy-s9-1.jpg

Who's getting the S9 (or S9+) and for what carrier?

NCCamper

Reaction score
Mine came yesterday, from VZW - Coral Blue. Ordered on 3/02. Liking it so far. Upgraded from an S6.

- John

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
phones looks good. interesting location for the fingerprint scan. wonder how much better it works than beside the camera.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I got the s9+ yesterday (AT&t 3/17/18) loving it so far and comes with android 8.0.
The finger print scanner seems to be in the way when holding the phone sideways but it's not bad, then again I didn't mind it in the other spot either.
The dual speakers nice as well. Find new features all the time lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I got the s9+ yesterday (AT&t 3/17/18) loving it so far and comes with android 8.0.
The finger print scanner seems to be in the way when holding the phone sideways but it's not bad, then again I didn't mind it in the other spot either.
The dual speakers nice as well. Find new features all the time lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk
What device did you come from?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Is it true you can't set individual ring tones for contacts in oreo? I use that feature and depend on it.

You can for ringtones, but can't set individual contact message tones anymore. Which is kind of a bummer that way you know who is texting you. But for me not a big enough deal to not get it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
You can for ringtones, but can't set individual contact message tones anymore. Which is kind of a bummer that way you know who is texting you. But for me not a big enough deal to not get it.

That's really annoying. I use that alot. Never fails...

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
That's really annoying. I use that alot. Never fails...

I use the individual ringtone for contacts than for messages, so glad they kept that. Not sure why oreo got rid of the individual message tone ability though. It was nice to not have to look at the phone each time I got a message just know cause of the tone. But the wife is usually the only one that texts me the most so I still for the most part knew lol.
Everybody seems to think it was Samsung that got rid of that, but from my searching it was android 8.0 that did.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I use the individual ringtone for contacts than for messages, so glad they kept that. Not sure why oreo got rid of the individual message tone ability though. It was nice to not have to look at the phone each time I got a message just know cause of the tone. But the wife is usually the only one that texts me the most so I still for the most part knew lol.
Everybody seems to think it was Samsung that got rid of that, but from my searching it was android 8.0 that did.

There's 3rd party apps that do it but the AT&T app shows read status and the GF isn't going to go for not being able to see that.... I hate having to check my phone for who is texting me when I'm across the room. Especially if I'm busy.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
There's 3rd party apps that do it but the AT&T app shows read status and the GF isn't going to go for not being able to see that.... I hate having to check my phone for who is texting me when I'm across the room. Especially if I'm busy.

Yeah, maybe they will bring it back with 8.1 doesn't help anybody now or anybody with a phone other than a Google phone cause updates take forever and a day to come to other phones.

I don't care much for 3rd party texting apps either I like the stock messaging app. Nice seeing when someone is typing or seeing that they saw it. But of course my wife has an iPhone so that doesn't work with her.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just got mine today. I really like it - specially the camera. There are some very minor annoyances with the Swift keyboard. On my Galaxy 8+ the keyboard had up/down/right/left arrows. They're gone on the 9+. But, so far, everything else is good to go.