Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

Layvin1

Reaction score
It is! JB! Well im gonna have to run the ICS .cab and then update cause mine failed! Wonder why?:)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums

mordant80

Reaction score
It is! JB! Well im gonna have to run the ICS .cab and then update cause mine failed! Wonder why?:)

It's done that for a couple of us including me. It'll work after you run the cab. We've got it rooted and have an updated recovery for it already as well.

Layvin1

Reaction score
It's done that for a couple of us including me. It'll work after you run the cab. We've got it rooted and have an updated recovery for it already as well.

New root method? New recovery also? Links?

mordant80

Reaction score

Layvin1

Reaction score
I apologize....i had not navigated back pass my subscribed threads in the app......thank you.

Layvin1

Reaction score
this update is nice! so fast! boot time is insanely faster! DancingNexus

JimiMack

Reaction score
I have stripped the JB update down to as low as I can think of bringing it, without having a JB cab file to rely on. I really hate all the bloatware and unnecessary files and I am still having a battery issue on JB that was not there on ICS. Is anyone experiencing any battery life issues.

Layvin1

Reaction score
I have stripped the JB update down to as low as I can think of bringing it, without having a JB cab file to rely on. I really hate all the bloatware and unnecessary files and I am still having a battery issue on JB that was not there on ICS. Is anyone experiencing any battery life issues.

No buddy.....battery is fine for me... Hell I fell asleep around 530am after updating, left my headphones plugged in and music going till I got up at 1030am, battery went from around 85-72% currently....

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM²

micrors4

Reaction score
Same here, I use my phone pretty heavily and I still have about 50-70% battery life at the end of the day.

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
No battery life issues though oddly I now have "skips" in my bt headphones during music playback that weren't present on ICS? Very odd. Anyone else?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
No battery life issues though oddly I now have "skips" in my bt headphones during music playback that weren't present on ICS? Very odd. Anyone else?

Scratch that must-have happened during the update. I wiped and reinstalled MP3 s and no skips

xXxGeek

Reaction score
JB 4.1.2 UPDATE CAUSING PROBLEMS FOR SPECTRUM 2

Did you update to Spectrum 2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 when it became available earlier in the month? Is it working perfectly? Well if that’s the case, you’re one of the lucky ones. It appears that a growing group of people are having issues with the Jelly Bean update. A tipster told Phone Arena that Verizon has received numerous complaints on the matter. People are having issues with dropped phone calls, widgets not updating, and apps not working at all.

Some Android apps that worked previously don't work with the new update and may need to be updated to correct this issue. Until this is done, I recommend trying a alternative Android applications.

HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES
Go to >Settings >Developer Options and uncheck the "don't keep activities" box

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE
Go to >Settings >General >About Phone >Software Update > Update Now, and follow the prompts.

FULL DETAILS OF THE LG SPECTRUM 2 JB 4.1.2 UPDATE
The update is a pretty sizable 449.9MB so it may take some time to download and install but it will bring Google Now, Notification Panel, Alarm Clock and more plus it’s also likely to include some Verizon fixes and changes.
GOOGLE NOW
Just the right information at just the right time. Get today’s weather before you start your day and know how much traffic to expect before you leave for work. Cards appear throughout the day automatically. Additionally, Google now is provided when selecting search on home screen. User can double tap the HW Home Key and add Google Now shortcut to lock screen.

NOTIFICATION PANEL
Take action directly from the notifications panel. Send emails, return calls and share photos. Notifications are expandable and you scan multiple emails, see event details or full images and more. User will enjoy an added brightness control bar and label for “clear” button.

ALARM CLOCK
Application link option is added for user’s alarm clock. User can select an app to auto-launch when user stops alarm. For example, if weather is selected, the user will be presented with Weather app screen when stops the alarm.User can set a music file as an alarm sound.

DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS
Weather application and widget have been updated
NFC LG Tag+ help has been improved
Brightness option has been moved to notification panel for global access
Browser now loads Google account bookmarks
Improved readability for email conversation
Optimized Bluetooth® connect/disconnect and audio stream switching implementations
User can back up contacts when the SIM is swapped to a new device
Preloaded widgets including Social+, Today+, Finance, News and Power Control have been removed

Please Click "[✓Like]" If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!
CLICK ON "THIS LINK" TO SEE MORE INFORMATION FOR THE NEW JELLY BEAN 4.1.2 UPDATE​

micrors4

Reaction score
Battery life is terrible now, can barely get through a day when I use to be able to get through two on IC, don't really make calls often, but so far drops have not been an issue. Probably going back to IC because the battery life is just utter sh*t.