Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

trentc1234

Reaction score
Where can I buy the wireless charging pad? I can't find a place that sells it.

puckerfactor

Reaction score
Completely disagree. Seeing what that case is made of compared to the dual shell protection of the Trident the price alone should be a dead giveaway. If you want to believe your 10 dollar case offers sufficient protection for your expensive device suit yourself but the actual protection level vs perceived protection are nowhere near close. Also it's a gamble on if that case would allow wireless charging. Which the trident does.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

The tuff case does have dual shell protection - softer silicon around the phone plus a harder shell that clicks together. Unless Aegis is using some miracle plastic, I don't think it would be any safer. I actually have one and can say that the phone seems really safe. Why don't you spend the $10 so you can make an informed comment. I don't care either way about wireless charging, but I imagine it would still work.

Zrunky

Reaction score
I got this one:

Armor Dual Layer Cover w Kickstand for LG Spectrum 2 VS930 Black White | eBay

It's a beast and I rarely use it. Doesn't quiiiite snap together but it doesn't seem to really matter.. the silicone case holds the plastic halves together quite well.

I'm not a big case guy, makes everything too bulky. The one above makes the phone twice as heavy and nearly 3x thicker.

Also, I didn't see anything about a "standard" battery cover on verizon's store or anywhere else online in fact. Not sure that the Spectrum 2 ever came with anything other than the wireless charging battery cover.

Layvin1

Reaction score
I got this one:

Armor Dual Layer Cover w Kickstand for LG Spectrum 2 VS930 Black White | eBay

It's a beast and I rarely use it. Doesn't quiiiite snap together but it doesn't seem to really matter.. the silicone case holds the plastic halves together quite well.

I'm not a big case guy, makes everything too bulky. The one above makes the phone twice as heavy and nearly 3x thicker.

Also, I didn't see anything about a "standard" battery cover on verizon's store or anywhere else online in fact. Not sure that the Spectrum 2 ever came with anything other than the wireless charging battery cover.

I made a post a page back about this issue.....you can get the standard battery cover that is thinner than the wireless charging cover and it will allow your case to snap together. I purchased one similar to yours except mine has flaps in the silicone cover to plug the open ports to protect them from debris/dust. They are great cases for the money . Here is a link for the non-wireless charging/ standard battery door.
You are correct, I checked and Verizon doesn't have them right now, but they do exist( link below), I have one.
http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-lg-...MQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNGWvsnRuHGOjbjLTagkZpsFwFAevg

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums

droidway

Reaction score
I made a post a page back about this issue.....you can get the standard battery cover that is thinner than the wireless charging cover and it will allow your case to snap together. I purchased one similar to yours except mine has flaps in the silicone cover to plug the open ports to protect them from debris/dust. They are great cases for the money . Here is a link for the non-wireless charging/ standard battery door.
You are correct, I checked and Verizon doesn't have them right now, but they do exist( link below), I have one.
LG Spectrum II 4G VS930, Revolution 2 Battery Door|Battery Cover

Wow, there is something wrong with the link. But no problem now. I have helped you correct it in the quote. But is the battery cover for V930 is compatible with VS920?

Layvin1

Reaction score
OK.....thanks for fixing the link,didn't realize it was screwed up. It may have been all for not though.....let me explain.
Below you will see 3 pictures. The first one is a zoomed in pic of the cover for sale in the link. Its model number is >PC<WS 1 W/C. Also notice there is no NFC coil or connections(look at the other pics in the link) in comparison to pic #2 of the "standard door" model >PC<WS 1, I bought from Verizon accessory website, which has the NFC coil and 2 connection points.
Pic #3 is the "wireless charging" door that I think came on most of everyone's phone. It has 4 connection points for the 2 NFC/wireless charging coils. Its model number is >PC<WS 2 W/C.
I would be lying if I said for sure if the one for sale on the Etrade link is the same thickness as the "standard"one I purchased from VZW, even though I would guess it to be, cause it simply has 0 coils.
I apologize if some has ordered this door and its the same thickness as the "charging" door. It was never my intention to mislead anyone.
Last but not least, these VS930 doors are completely different from the VS920 door which was deeper, rounded edges, different shaped camera and speaker location.
http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-lg-spectrum-ii-4g-vs930-revolution-2-battery-door.html
(Hell, the pics uploaded in order from 3-1)

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM²

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130412_031702.png
    ForumRunner_20130412_031702.png
    194.9 KB · Views: 283
  • ForumRunner_20130412_031731.png
    ForumRunner_20130412_031731.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 342
  • ForumRunner_20130412_031749.png
    ForumRunner_20130412_031749.png
    208.5 KB · Views: 322

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
Slightly off track but I'm guessing no one has managed to unlock our bootloader for newer android than ics?

Zrunky

Reaction score
Below you will see 3 pictures. The first one is a zoomed in pic of the cover for sale in the link. Its model number is >PC<WS 1 W/C. Also notice there is no NFC coil or connections(look at the other pics in the link) in comparison to pic #2 of the "standard door" model >PC<WS 1, I bought from Verizon accessory website, which has the NFC coil and 2 connection points.
Pic #3 is the "wireless charging" door that I think came on most of everyone's phone. It has 4 connection points for the 2 NFC/wireless charging coils.

Just FYI the pics you posted are in reverse order. Pic 1 is on the far right and pic 3 is on the far left.

Frankly, it looks like all three are different. The web site one looks like the wireless charging one but without the circuitry needed to make it wirelessly charge.

Furthermore, I would be surprised if VZW got a new shipment of the old "standard" backplates since they have less functionality and wouldn't serve to sell wireless charging pads. I think you are one of the few who has, or will ever have, this item. Unless some 3rd party manufacturer starts making them for some reason.

I personally will never use the wireless charging feature. I just can't see myself spending money on something that costs more than the phone itself to wirelessly charge it, so I'd love a thinner backplate. But that's not likely going to happen.

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
Just FYI the pics you posted are in reverse order. Pic 1 is on the far right and pic 3 is on the far left.

Frankly, it looks like all three are different. The web site one looks like the wireless charging one but without the circuitry needed to make it wirelessly charge.

Furthermore, I would be surprised if VZW got a new shipment of the old "standard" backplates since they have less functionality and wouldn't serve to sell wireless charging pads. I think you are one of the few who has, or will ever have, this item. Unless some 3rd party manufacturer starts making them for some reason.

I personally will never use the wireless charging feature. I just can't see myself spending money on something that costs more than the phone itself to wirelessly charge it, so I'd love a thinner backplate. But that's not likely going to happen.

You would never regret the 60 buck outlay for a charger mat. I bought my wife and I these phones and rather than having cords everywhere we can both use the same wireless charger at once since I bought a larger two device pad. Try that with wires. Energizer QI mat. Amazon is your friend. :)

Zrunky

Reaction score
Thanks, the problem is that I have 1 home and 2 offices. 1/3 of the time I'm in my apartment, 1/3 of the time in Office 1, and 1/3 of the time in Office 2. So I either drop $60 on one of these and then have to carry it around with me, or I can't use it 2/3 of the time. Or I have to spend nearly $200 to outfit home and both offices with them. I'd be better off buying a dozen batteries on ebay with a normal charger and simply swapping them out.

I think I'll just wait for these wireless chargers to commoditize and in 3 or so years they'll be selling for $10 each on ebay, shipped from China. :)

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
I use cords at the regional office for the same reason. But for home use can't beat it with stick ;)

Layvin1

Reaction score
Been quiet on here........
Well im about to get loud...
This phone is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!
I want to continue to love this phone but....
It is rebooting on me 3-6 times a day and always does it when switching
between wifi/4G...if your in the middle of something important your screwed!
Apps are becoming more unresponsive, sometimes they have to be force closed..
Hold on ......a software update just came to the phone ! Is this JB?

mordant80

Reaction score
Been quiet on here........
Well im about to get loud...
This phone is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!
I want to continue to love this phone but....
It is rebooting on me 3-6 times a day and always does it when switching
between wifi/4G...if your in the middle of something important your screwed!
Apps are becoming more unresponsive, sometimes they have to be force closed..
Hold on ......a software update just came to the phone ! Is this JB?

Yes it is