Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

mforbes

Reaction score
Is there at least a tested working way to remove the "crapware"/ bloatware? I have ended the services of un wanted apps already, but wont they be back on first reboot?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Is there at least a tested working way to remove the "crapware"/ bloatware? I have ended the services of un wanted apps already, but wont they be back on first reboot?

There's a list of what can be frozen or deleted using an app like titanium backup once you are rooted.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

xXxGeek

Reaction score

Your LG Spectrum 2 must have root to Remove bloatware. The reason you want root access is so you can become a “Superuser.” What does that mean? Nothing really, except your boot-loader is no longer locked, so you can do some things (including removing bloatware) and run some apps you wouldn't otherwise be able to.

with System Cleanup or Titanium Backup * root, you can freeze (my preference) or uninstall apps that are particularly troublesome. Before you start removing any thing, make sure you have made a backup. Click on "Titanium Backup User's Guide" or "How To Video".

I prefer freezing an app over uninstalling one, because you might never know if you’ll need/want that app in the future. I've heard a few people getting concerned about space, but honestly, most bloatware is less than 100 kb in size. So, most likely we’re talking about wanting to not see the app versus totally removing it from your device. Also, in the odd, off-chance your provider actually requires that app for an upgrade to the ROM (i.e. OTA updates), you can unfreeze it easier than having to find and side load the appropriate app.

You can click "On This Link" for information about bloatware, and rooting your LG Spectrum 2

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Was trying to read throught the Korean forum for this phone and I think I read that there will be a solution to unlock the bootloader at the end of the month??? I dont know how good the google translate is.

??F160?BootLoader?????,LG Optimus LTE2 ????

That is for the korean version ONLY. vzw will not allow one to be released for the US version. That doesnt mean that it wont work on the US one but i doubt it.

Reaction score
That is for the korean version ONLY. vzw will not allow one to be released for the US version. That doesnt mean that it wont work on the US one but i doubt it.

Cool. I hope it can at least point us in the right direction.. :biggrin:

JimiMack

Reaction score
A question: Has anyone yet to try flashing through LTE2 2-Int Recovery? Say a simple zip file for Google Now etc...

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
A question: Has anyone yet to try flashing through LTE2 2-Int Recovery? Say a simple zip file for Google Now etc...

I had the guys flashing apps and things that way and it was fine. So as long as the flash able is ICS compatible you should be okay. Now whether the phone secure boots after would be another issue. I do have a buddy who acquired one of these and is working on the bootloader. When/If he cracks that we will be golden and will have a working CM 10 for you guys.

JimiMack

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my concern if it would secure boot after the flash. Just did not have the time to today to give it a shot, just in case I had to do a full re-install. Nice to hear about a buddy of yours with one of these, if he can crack the bootloader trust me, we all be a happy group. Thanks again.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
It's hard to say what would trip the bootloader. I highly doubt adding anything will do it though. Seems most issues arise with removing apps

Dostov

Reaction score
Hey! Just signed up and started following this forum today. Got some real nice info and am greatful for Miller, flavor and all others working on cracking the bootloader on this phone. Looking forward to getting mine next week, or so. I'd love to help in any way I can though I'm not too sure how, lol, but I am more than willing to learn! Let me know and good luck!

micrors4

Reaction score
Welcome to the Spectrum 2 Forum, there doesn't seem to be much going on right now unless you have a super computer we can use to crack the bootloader but I'm sure eventually there might be some beta ROMs to test.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Welcome to the Spectrum 2 Forum, there doesn't seem to be much going on right now unless you have a super computer we can use to crack the bootloader but I'm sure eventually there might be some beta ROMs to test.

LOL. I sort of have a beta ROM we just don't have data with it. But it does go back to secure bootloader issues.

Viper89

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forums :). Coming from the Sony X1i and using XDA Developers, I was looking for a site to do the same with the Spectrum 2 and found this site! I've had my LG Spectrum 2 for a week and a few days and love this phone: No lags, Freezes, or Random Reboots. Looking forward to possibly rooting my phone and hopefully based on what I've been reading trying out some new roms in the near future. Not advertising or anything but last week while searching for some phone covers on ebay I came across some good phone covers. Found a Dual Cover one that comes with a kick stand for $6.49 and so far this cover is great and I love the kickstand added to it. The colors they have for this type of cover are White and Black( I bought this one), Pink and Black, Red and Black, Blue and Black, and Black on Black WHITE BLACK HEAVY DUTY DUAL COVER CASE STAND FOR LG SPECTRUM 2 VS930 items in PowerCellers store on eBay! . Like I said not trying to spam just wanted to let you guys know about these great Dual Covers I found to keep these awesome phones protected :woot:

micrors4

Reaction score
That's the case I'm using and they are great cases for pretty little money, not the greatest fit but it works once you get the rubber part on.