Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

micrors4

Reaction score
I'm surprised about all of these problems, I have had two spectrum 2s now for a few months and both haven't had any issues aside from me bricking my first one, but my brother has had his for the same amount of time and it is also perfect which is surprising because he is pretty rough on his phones. I wonder how many people are having familiar issues and if the quality is going down on these for some reason because these phones seem pretty solid and I this is the first I am hearing of broken gorilla glass, still better than an iPhone though, if you look at those the wrong way they shatter.

Zrunky

Reaction score
Ya you are right the camera could be better but I found taking pictures in HDR mode gave me the best results.
The issue I've seen is that the LED is extremely bright but has a greenish tint, which throws off the camera's white-balance with flash shots. Also, if you're in a dark room and take a photo of people, the flash is so bright that it's almost painful and they start to complain ;)

TrdLtly

Reaction score
The thought that came to my mind right off was that "if" someone were used to a smaller phone and carried it in their back pocket... they could sit on it without any issues. Then you take the Spec2 and stick it in your back pocket... sit on it and I would imagine the Longbow effect. The Spec2 would not handle it as well. As for the other problems: Some people are not as light handed with devices and they may not even realize it.

micrors4

Reaction score
Never thought of the back pocket issue, I never liked the idea of sitting on my phone and I usually take it out of my pocket anyways when I sit down because I have lost devices to spilling liquid in my lap before. On ebay they have cases that are hard plastic and another silicone sleeve that goes over it which does a good job of protecting it from most bumps and bruises.

lord_verminaard

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to give a quick introduction as I am new to the forums.

The Spectrum 2 is my 3rd personal Android phone, and I have to say that I am quite impressed. Previously, I had a droid Razr and had nothing but problems with it, after fighting with Verizon and going through 4 reconditioned Razr's in a month, I finally convinced them to break contract a year early and get me a Spectrum 2 instead. Very glad I did.

My first Android phone was the LG Ally, and I loved it as well, the mod community was great and really breathed life back in to that old phone. My Wife ended up getting an Ally as well and I set it up with the latest and greatest mods and she loved it too. She now has a Razr M, and it seems to be a much better phone than my standard Razr was. She also got the JB update not two weeks after she got it.

The Spectrum 2 might not be built quite as well as the Razr M, but so far the only issues have been random and minor. I really hope the mod community can crak the bootloader, this device would fly with a fresh, clean ROM.

Thanks to those individuals who are working on this phone to make it better!

Brendan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to give a quick introduction as I am new to the forums.

The Spectrum 2 is my 3rd personal Android phone, and I have to say that I am quite impressed. Previously, I had a droid Razr and had nothing but problems with it, after fighting with Verizon and going through 4 reconditioned Razr's in a month, I finally convinced them to break contract a year early and get me a Spectrum 2 instead. Very glad I did.

My first Android phone was the LG Ally, and I loved it as well, the mod community was great and really breathed life back in to that old phone. My Wife ended up getting an Ally as well and I set it up with the latest and greatest mods and she loved it too. She now has a Razr M, and it seems to be a much better phone than my standard Razr was. She also got the JB update not two weeks after she got it.

The Spectrum 2 might not be built quite as well as the Razr M, but so far the only issues have been random and minor. I really hope the mod community can crak the bootloader, this device would fly with a fresh, clean ROM.

Brendan

You are def right about a lean rom making this phone better.. I could only imagine how much better it could be. The screen on this thing is awesome. And I have never had a phone were I can turn on data, Bluetooth and use it all day and not be dead by the time I got home.

JimiMack

Reaction score

Brendan

Welcome and you are right a clean rom would make this a killer phone. I have hopes to just see a JB update but an unlocked bootloader would be heaven.

JimiMack

Reaction score
A quick question: Has anyone tried doing a full wipe with the LTE2 recovery and then doing a complete fresh install from the CAB file? If so, any issues?

puckerfactor

Reaction score
Update on the broken screen. LG, of course, says it's not covered under warranty. Fortunately the repair cost is only $42, so I might as well go that route. It will be nice to have my Spectrum 2 back at some point...

puckerfactor

Reaction score
$42.00 is not really bad. Imagine what Verizon would get for the same repair.

For sure. I was thinking about fixing it myself and the cheapest price I could find on the screen/digitizer part was around $70 due to tight supply. $42 with the part and labor is a great deal. So far, I've been super impressed with the quality of LG support -- fast and good communication. Hopefully the phone will come back looking like new.

agt7575

Reaction score
Rootig question.

I found a way to root the spectrum 2, but not unlock the bootloader. My question is if I am able to root the device, will I be able to use a third part teather/hotspot app to make the phone a hotspot w/o having to pay verizon? Or, since the bootloader would still be locked, would I have to pay verizon for the use of thier hotspot app???

Right now, this is my only reasom for rooting the phone is so I can get free hotspot.

Thanks

JimiMack

Reaction score
I found a way to root the spectrum 2, but not unlock the bootloader. My question is if I am able to root the device, will I be able to use a third part teather/hotspot app to make the phone a hotspot w/o having to pay verizon? Or, since the bootloader would still be locked, would I have to pay verizon for the use of thier hotspot app???

Right now, this is my only reasom for rooting the phone is so I can get free hotspot.

Thanks

Should not have an issue and Verizon would not know. Plus there is no issue with Verizon that you do this except they have it worded that if you are on unlimited data they frown on it.