Welcome to the Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich Forum

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With all the new features of Ice Cream Sandwich, we felt it deserved it's own place here on DroidForums.net.. So let the Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich discussions begin!

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
I have an OG Droid, unrooted, so I was quite impressed by what I saw last night. I am excited about all of the possibilities of what is to come in terms of total Google integration. I probably won't use the face recognition feature for locking/unlocking but everything else I saw was worthy of the pretty penny I'm sure we'll have to pay.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I have to say is wow, hopefully ICS becomes available for more than just the GlxyNexus users

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
All I have to say is wow, hopefully ICS becomes available for more than just the GlxyNexus users

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yea. Thats the one thing about Android that bugs me.
It takes FOREVER to get updates out.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Not sure of the exact terms but Google announced that it has gotten commitments from Manufacturer's and Carriers to work more diligently on releasing updates for the units that are capable of handling the upgrades.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Not sure of the exact terms but Google announced that it has gotten commitments from Manufacturer's and Carriers to work more diligently on releasing updates for the units that are capable of handling the upgrades.

Why don't they just let Cyanogenmod get the update to every phone out there? lol

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Makes the manufacturer's and Carrier's look bad that way....oh wait, they don't need any help it that category :)

clausholf

Reaction score
Knowing motorola, I bet ICS won't make it to any of the devices until like mid 2012...Anything else would surprise me. Anyway looking forward to seeing how the manufacturers try to adapt and improve upon it, with all their custom stuff.

TSXXX

Reaction score
Moto/Google has already stated they will be rolling out the updates to phones about 6 weeks after the nexus launch.

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2

masterpeace1960

Reaction score
I have heard the 4.0 (OS) Ice Cream Sandwich will be coming out in 6 too 8 weeks...It's going to fix a lot of problem...I hope it's going to fix problem with my Motorola Bionic...

masterpeace1960

Reaction score
Google Confirms no Flash for Ice Cream Sandwich, for the time being, If you lucky owners of the Galaxy Nexus in these first days of its release complete with the first iteration of Ice Cream Sandwich, you’ll notice that you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed, nor do you have access to a download on the Android Market – Google has just confirmed with us that this is normal and that Flash support will only come once Adobe makes the call to update the mobile version for Android 4.0. You currently will not have the ability to load either a new version or one of the older versions of Flash Player for Ice Cream Sandwich until Adobe makes the call to update their app to be compatible with this newest version of Android. Don’t get too frazzled quite yet though, that’s not the whole story.

masterpeace1960

Reaction score
Those of you about to have a heart attack over this would do well to note that it was inevitable as Adobe announced that they’d be axing the mobile version of Flash in favor of HTML5 earlier this month. Then if you’ll go ahead and read what Google has let us know, you’ll see that the story isn’t necessarily completely over for Adobe’s mobile version of Flash. Even though the app and support for Flash will be ending relatively soon, Google had the following to say:
“Flash hasn’t been released for ICS yet so as far as we know, Adobe will support Flash for ICS.” – Google
Have a peek at the gallery below to see several signs that Adobe Flash Player isn’t active in Ice Cream Sandwich, and note that these screenshots are taken on the non-Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus. You can see the rest of our Galaxy Nexus coverage by heading to our giant and ever-expending [Galaxy Nexus Portal] while the same situation is true for Android 4.0 in our [Ice Cream Sandwich portal].
And of course above all – don’t forget to check our our full reviews of the OS and the device separately

twildt

Reaction score
Anyone know if ICS for HTC thunderbolt is available yet? I found a RootzWiki on an alpha but its old and not for daily use.