Weird texting bug. HELP!

JackieBaca

Reaction score
Out of nowhere I'm texting and after every space or punctuation mark my keyboard on screen disappears, like it goes down. and it lags a lot. It's made me hate texting. Anybody have the same problem?

keleka

Reaction score
Ive noticed the same problem intermittently... in the middle of texting my keyboard will disappear.

Sent from my DROIDX

Frankyh

Reaction score
I noticed the same problem intermittently ...... in the middle of the message, my keyboard will disappear.

Badbetty76

Reaction score
PLEASE if somebody figures out what is causing this or how to fix it other than replacing phone, please post! mine started doing the same thing around 5pm! ugh!

adrikimbro

Reaction score
Another texting error....

Not sue if this is the same error. I have an htc evo shift with a slide out keypad. Recently while texting with the slide out keyboard, the screen jumps to the very top of all of my messages and the only way to get back to texting is to scroll through a billion messages or exit texting and create a draft, go back in, and try agn. It is AMAZINGLY frustrating! I have had a hard reset at the store and the repair shop said there was nothing they could do. Any help or suggestions?

Chuck_25

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and mine started doing the same thing, so I downloaded Keyboard 8 and it's been fine. Appears isolated to the stock keyboard.

Kadin7188

Reaction score
Solution!

Ok guys, I actually have the same problem with my x2 and it started the WEEK I got my phone. I found the answer rigt here on this website. Try this.

settings, applications, manage applications, click on ALL, find multi-touch keyboard, click on CLEAR DATA. then reboot and it should be fixed. It works for mine. However, it may do it a month later... I JUST had to re-do this to mine AGAIN.

Hope it helps for now!

suzdroidx2

Reaction score
This solution clearing the keyboard works great. But I have had to do it for a second time also.

craftnangel

Reaction score
Ok guys, I actually have the same problem with my x2 and it started the WEEK I got my phone. I found the answer rigt here on this website. Try this.

settings, applications, manage applications, click on ALL, find multi-touch keyboard, click on CLEAR DATA. then reboot and it should be fixed. It works for mine. However, it may do it a month later... I JUST had to re-do this to mine AGAIN.

Hope it helps for now!

OMG.. Thank you so much. I was as frustrated as the rest. It worked!!!!!dancedroid

sderoidx

Reaction score
The fix worked for me too! Thank you for all your helpdancedroid