Missing punctuation - Droid Bionic

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by darwinfishohio, Oct 6, 2011.

1. darwinfishohio

darwinfishohio New Member

I am sure this has already come up, but I have searched all over this forum and cannot find a solution to my problem.

I just got a Bionic a few days ago and I love it except for one really annoying bug. When I am texting or emailing, the only punctuation in the suggestion bar at the top when I hit the space bar is a comma. If I hit space twice, it puts a period there. Then if I backspace to get rid of the period, the rest of the punctuation options (period, question mark, and exclamation point) suddenly appear. I know I could just go to the ALT drawer to get the punctuation marks but that is so not what I am used to from using my old phone(original moto droid). It is annoying me soooo bad. There has to be an answer. Would a replacement keyboard app fix this issue? Is there a setting I can change? I love my new phone but this is annoying me so bad that I am considering going back to my old, original, moto droid. Any help would be soooo much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Try swiftkey x that's a great keyboard. Plus it adapts to your texting/twitter/email etc. And you can set it on 2 modes. One for speed typers who rely on autocorrect or one for slower more meticulous typers than completes the word in a little suggestion box so they can just tap that. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

asterisk missing android

asterisk on android keyboard

droid dna asterisk

how get asterisk on android keyboard

how to turn auto punctuation off droid boinic

swiftkey backspace bug

where is the asterisk on the android keyboard#gsc.tab