Droid2 Keyboard symbols

purplebutterfly

Reaction score
I'm having an "issue" with the symbols on the Droid2 keyboard. Everytime I put in the & sign or @ sign after manually spacing, it takes the space out and puts it next to the prior word. I use the & sign a LOT when texting or emailing and HATE that it puts it directly with the word before it.

Is there ANY customization I can do so it will not take that space out? Otherwise I have to use the arrow keys to go back and fix it myself. Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm having an "issue" with the symbols on the Droid2 keyboard. Everytime I put in the & sign or @ sign after manually spacing, it takes the space out and puts it next to the prior word. I use the & sign a LOT when texting or emailing and HATE that it puts it directly with the word before it.

Is there ANY customization I can do so it will not take that space out? Otherwise I have to use the arrow keys to go back and fix it myself. Thanks!

I wasn't sure you were correct about the "&" symbol so I just tried it and you are correct it does jump back. I don't see anyway to adjust this, I tried removing the automatic period to see if that would help. In Droids mine it thinks you want the symbol next to the word.

That one doesn't make sense to me but the @ makes perfect sense since most of us are using that as part of a web address. I'll bet you use those symbols for replacements for the words "and" and "at." If that's the case maybe break your habit and type it out.

You can also try another keyboard and see if that works better for you. There are some available in the market, some cost money but you can test it and if it doesn't work good for you then return it in 24 hours.

OP
purplebutterfly

purplebutterfly

Reaction score
I figured out when you use the swype, it works correctly. I'm not very used to swype yet, so have been using the keyboard. Guess I might have to get used to swype or else learn to go back and space or type out "and".

wyldfyr

Reaction score
Thank you so much

I was having the same problem and was getting very frustrated. I had no idea what Swype was until I read your posting. I found it under my keyboard settings on my Droid 2 & it fixed it. Thanks for the post.