Weird Map Occurrence

vthokies1996

Reaction score
This morning took my phone off the charger on the nightstand, put it in the Car Dock and plugged in the charger.

No apps were running. I had 3G with full bars. Brought up the map, and it would not zoom in on my location. Usually there is no blue halo around my location. It typically says 'Within 3 meters' .This the halo around my location was very big.

Hit 'My Location' under the menu and this is where it gets weird. It moves my location to somewhere near Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

I live in Northern Virginia, and have never been to Wisconsin. Hit 'My Location" again, and it started moving my location east, but never to my exact location.

Powered off the phone, brought up the map again, and it still would not bring me close to my actual location. Hitting 'My Location' again took me to somewhere in Wisconsin.

Has anyone else experienced this?

kerzie

Reaction score
Have you checked your GPS settings to make sure it's pulling from GPS satellites and not your network location?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Your Droid has become self aware and is displaying false locations to stall the opposition from tracing and capturing the device.

OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
GPS was set to pull from the satellites. There may have been an issue this morning with GPS is our area. I found out a co-worker that also has a Droid, noticed their GPS location was off quite a bit on their way into work as well.

After work the GPS workerd fine and said it was accurate to within 2 meters, which is what it typically says.

Maybe my droid was trying to throw off the NSA or some other agency from knowing my exact location.