Webtop not working

tnicholson21

Reaction score
My webtop won't even load as an option anymore when docked. The first day I tried it, it was an option, but would load the phone back to a blacked out lock screen when applied...I don't know what's going on or how to fix it...thanks for any help!

Running .893, 4 ever rooted, bionic bootstrap, cheese cake, ect....let me know if other details are needed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gsDroid

Reaction score
Under Settings > About phone what do you have for the Webtop version? Also, when you hook up the hdmi cable to the tv did you change your video input to that hdmi port? Your hd tv probably has several ports to choose from, so you may have to toggle through them to find the right one.

OP
T

tnicholson21

Reaction score
Droid Bionic was not showing webtop option while in hd dock...I loaded the webtop hack zip and now i get the option, however nothing happens when i pick it. Mirror mode works fine. 5.5893.XT875 2.3.4 WT-1.3.0-108_DBN-21 2.6.35.7-g68606e6 5.5.1_84_DBN-62 rooted with 43V3R root method Thanks for any help or suggestions

OP
T

tnicholson21

Reaction score
And TV was set correctly...mirror mode works fine

gsDroid

Reaction score
I had the webtop hack working on the Kin3tx rom with the 5.7.893 radio/kernel and it was really cool. I understand it works with Eclipse 2.1 and .901 according to posts. Are you stock or custom rom? I have since gone to stock rooted .901 and haven't tried the webtop hack yet, but mirror works fine. I'm hesitant to install the webtop hack because of the possibility of losing the upgrade path, but I think the webtop image can be reflashed to stock if that is a problem. Sorry I can't be of more help.

OP
T

tnicholson21

Reaction score
i'm running stock ROM...I think the hack worked since the Web top option appeared again, but I don't know why it won't do anything? Possibly the dock? The cable? Something wrong with my phone? Really surprised I can find others with this issue...

gsDroid

Reaction score
Maybe the cable. Can you try another one? With the webtop hack you don't need the media dock, but you may have been referring to the standard dock. With the webtop hack you only need the micro-hdmi cable, since there is no hdmi out on the standard dock.

OP
T

tnicholson21

Reaction score
It is an HD dock...I only installed the webtop hack because the dock was not giving the option for webtop. The hack now gives me the option when docked, however it did nothing at all when selected...