Webtop 3.0 destop havoc?

Reaction score
(Cross-posted at XDA)

Got some questions on the new webtop. (I'm running the 6.7.232 leak.)

I know that the old linux layer is gone, but I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the new implementation. For example, attached is a copy of my main phone screen:

2012-07-08112440.png

When I switch to webtop, even though I am using the "shrink" mode, my desktop looks all funky:

2012-07-08114053.png

It even selects its own wallpaper from another file on the device, adds extra folder icons (green rectangle), and deforms the widgets (yellow rectangle). I tried deleting the extra folders and resizing the widget, but then when I undock the Bionic, everything on my phone layout is borked.

(BTW, the webtop screen grab is clipped because I can't figure out how to do a capture natively, and the app I'm using appears not to like the dimensions of the webtop desktop.)

Initially, I was all excited about not having memory errors, etc., on the new webtop. Now, though, it seems both frustrating to use and nearly useless. About the only benefit I get out of it is a bigger screen for Firefox and Netflix.

Can anyone tell me (1) how to fix this fugly mess, and (2) how to take a screenshot in webtop mode?

Thanks.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Are you using the stock launcher? Nova Launcher worked great for laying out my icons in Webtop mode but I didn't like how Nova was constantly restarting itself whenever I'd spend more than 20 seconds in another app. Apex Launcher fixed that issue, but it makes Webtop layout all funky. I'd say try one of those, or the Go Launcher EX and see if you find one you like that might help.

As for taking a screenshot, it's regularly Power button and Volume Down, but I haven't tried it while docked. I would give it a shot, but I'm in the process of restoring my phone since SamuraiHL's all-in-one miracle updater soft bricked my phone. If you don't have respond to this by the time I get everything up and running again, I'll test that out for you.

OP
Underwater Mike
Reaction score
Using Apex, but I had the same issue with stock. I haven't tried ADW or Go with webtop, as I really don't like either on the phone (although ADW is great on tabs).

Any idea what's up with the changing wallpaper?

Thanks for the info!

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
You can set it to something different if you'd like. I had a different wallpaper set for my Webtop than the image I have when the phone's doing it's regular thing. Pretty sure that was a feature of oldschool Webtop also, but I think it defaulted to your current wallpaper if you didn't mess with it.

I really like Apex also, but it slides all of my icons and widgets over to the far left side of the screen. Nova spread them out nicely, but I couldn't handle it closing on me all the time.