My update experience(what worked for me)

Chip Sweetstride

Reaction score
Are you rooted on stock right now? Sounds kind of weird, so you downloaded the update and installed already, then it's prompting you again? I will try to help my best with this one, but I think I'm lost on this, lol.

Rooted on stock and the problem is still going on today. Tried going into system/app and changing apk to upgrader.bak (the only potential fix I found) and I still get a download failed popup every bald hour or so.

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
Ok have done what i think is correct...still get update failed. is debugging suppost to be checked or unchecked? update downloads reboots and then i get update failed.
never applied any leaks just ran the theory rom. any suggestions?

Concistency

Reaction score
Ok have done what i think is correct...still get update failed. is debugging suppost to be checked or unchecked? update downloads reboots and then i get update failed.
never applied any leaks just ran the theory rom. any suggestions?
I had this issue, did you use safestrap? Also, install it manually after downloading it so you can get the type of error.

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
I had this issue, did you use safestrap? Also, install it manually after downloading it so you can get the type of error.
I used safestrap only when i downloaded and installed the ICS4 bionic then flashed back to theroy and uninstalled safestrap. I will download and try to install manually.
will post soon

Concistency

Reaction score
I used safestrap only when i downloaded and installed the ICS4 bionic then flashed back to theroy and uninstalled safestrap. I will download and try to install manually.
will post soon
Ok, when you do, read the error, hopefully it gives you the "com.motorola.zumocast" error, then we will be able to solve it.

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
I see safestrap on my internal phone storage???? but cant find the update to manually install..

Concistency

Reaction score
I see safestrap on my internal phone storage???? but cant find the update to manually install..
Here are the steps you should follow for this whole process:

1.) Get your phone back to complete stock using R3L3AS3DRoot (Use Option 1 in the program and follow the steps thorougly), that will also reroot it and install 4EV3R root and get your phone stock .886.

2.) Be sure the phone is rooted by using like "Root Checker"

3.) Then try receiving the update and see if it fails

4.) If it doens't, then excellent, if it does then update manually through the menu using (Volume + and Volume - and power to boot into menu).
-NOTE: I forgot to mention, download it, then copy it to your ext-sd through root explorer, I believe the update is in data, I'm not positive, there are plenty of tutorials online on how to do this better than I can explain

5.) It will list the error if it doesn't work successfully then you will know what error to try to solve.

IMPORTANT, that you need to be back on stock before trying to successfully update.
These are vague instructions, I just kind of outlined what you should do because a lot of posts will fully describe parts of these steps.

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
Thanks for your help...but i did a search and found this and it worked................."Yes, I just got past this error, it was extremely frustrating. All you need is the com.zumocast file. Use a app like RootExplorer and copy the link I post below in the "preinstall/app" directory. Took me forever to get this to work, after hours of research, this should also solve your issue and you should be able to succ essfully update."

com.motorola.zumocast

This was posted by Concistency...

I never would have found it if it was not for your help...

BIG THANKS.

Now can i move on and install DH's IN3TX ?

Concistency

Reaction score
Thanks for your help...but i did a search and found this and it worked................."Yes, I just got past this error, it was extremely frustrating. All you need is the com.zumocast file. Use a app like RootExplorer and copy the link I post below in the "preinstall/app" directory. Took me forever to get this to work, after hours of research, this should also solve your issue and you should be able to succ essfully update."

com.motorola.zumocast

This was posted by Concistency...

I never would have found it if it was not for your help...

BIG THANKS.

Now can i move on and install DH's IN3TX ?
Glad that helped and you successfully updated, that's the post I was going to direct you to if you had that error, I just posted that the other day, lol. Yeah, you can go on just how you used to using safestrap or whatever ROM, ICS, or what not. I heard people are having issues with flashing Liberty rom on the new update, but I never used liberty from the start.

JoDroid

Reaction score
I am not rooted, Titanium Backup is for phones that have been rooted. Any suggestions on how I can get the update as I have not been able to do so?

Thanks!

Concistency

Reaction score
I am not rooted, Titanium Backup is for phones that have been rooted. Any suggestions on how I can get the update as I have not been able to do so?

Thanks!
If your not rooted, then you should be able to just go to "Settings > About Phone > System Updates" and receive the update.

JoDroid

Reaction score
If your not rooted, then you should be able to just go to "Settings > About Phone > System Updates" and receive the update.

It's not working.... I am getting 'Check for Update is not available at this time' I called Verizon they said I just have to wait, but this doesn't make sense. I have rebooted, pulled the battery but nothing I do is working. Some say to do a factory set but I didn't want to lose all my settings and have to set up all my apps again :crying:

N2Nuttin

Reaction score
I asked previously but got no help, just want to make sure I am doing this right. I am not the tech person as most of you, and I definately can't afford to kill my phone either.

Here's my sitituation:

Rooted with one click, have done a complete b/u and have received notification of the ota. I have not updated yet, because I did not want to lose root. I have read about the forever root, and I am pretty sure that is the path I want to take, but I want to do this right......

I have unfrozen all apps. The only thing I did change on the phone was the radio com hack. Do I need to do anything to it prior to installing the forever root and update?

Could someone lay the steps out for me on what I need to do? I am sorry to sound so elementary, but again I don't want to kill a $300.00 phone. Any and all help is appreciated!