nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Any news on when it is going to be back in stock?

I ordered one about 3 months ago and it is still back ordered.

This is annoying. First no ICS, now this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

coreymcl

Reaction score
I kept calling and emailing Verizon and after a few times they found one and shipped it to me. By the way I've had mine for about a week now.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you respond to the original email they sent confirming your order they will usually will magically have some in stock.

xmiinc

Reaction score
Saw this and thought I'd throw my recent experience in here:
Wanted the 100 for the form factor, but finally sprang for the 500 due to the built-in webcam. At the local VZW store here in NYC, they only had the 100 in stock; salespeople didn't even know the 500 existed (wtf?). One guy spent 3 days last week tracking one down for the $249 Verizon-advertised price. It looked like a Paramus, NJ store had one, but when it didn't arrive after 3 days they pleaded 'inventory glitch' ie. they never had one to begin with. Then the word was "they discontinued manufacturing the 500". So I was forced to go out to Amazon and pick one up for the full $349 currently listed (I thought the initial posts I saw about a $149 Lapdock 500 were typos!). Finally got my mitts on it; loved it so much I went right back to the VZW store and picked up the 100 after all, albeit for their current $180 price. So, I've spent roughly half a grand on these two gadgets. I like them, but I can't help feeling a twinge of regret not being aware of these Lapdocks sooner when the prices were evidently much lower (and availability was somewhat more predictable). Anyway, if and when they finally roll out the fw to make the Droid 4 'global' ready/capable, I will be one happy clam.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Saw this and thought I'd throw my recent experience in here:
Wanted the 100 for the form factor, but finally sprang for the 500 due to the built-in webcam. At the local VZW store here in NYC, they only had the 100 in stock; salespeople didn't even know the 500 existed (wtf?). One guy spent 3 days last week tracking one down for the $249 Verizon-advertised price. It looked like a Paramus, NJ store had one, but when it didn't arrive after 3 days they pleaded 'inventory glitch' ie. they never had one to begin with. Then the word was "they discontinued manufacturing the 500". So I was forced to go out to Amazon and pick one up for the full $349 currently listed (I thought the initial posts I saw about a $149 Lapdock 500 were typos!). Finally got my mitts on it; loved it so much I went right back to the VZW store and picked up the 100 after all, albeit for their current $180 price. So, I've spent roughly half a grand on these two gadgets. I like them, but I can't help feeling a twinge of regret not being aware of these Lapdocks sooner when the prices were evidently much lower (and availability was somewhat more predictable). Anyway, if and when they finally roll out the fw to make the Droid 4 'global' ready/capable, I will be one happy clam.

Got my 100 the day the Razr came out for $149. My wife has pretty much taken that little sucker over. Lucked into another member here that tried the 500 once, then stuck it back in the box and it just sat there. I won't divulge how much he sold it to me for, but he gave me a good deal on it. Can't wait to get it.

Billyd

Reaction score
I keep checking in on that also.
Just in case there is anyone that was not impressed with their 500,
I would be more than willing to reimburse the cost plus.
Hmm

Thanks
X/BillyD..

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I called and emailed them again and they still claim that Motorola has not shipped out anymore.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I finally got it. They shipped me one and now i feel dumb for being excited about it. This thing is stupid.

furbymac

Reaction score
nonnasmyladie said:
I finally got it. They shipped me one and now i feel dumb for being excited about it. This thing is stupid.

What is stupid about it?

xmiinc

Reaction score
The built in Webtop functionality sucks and is limited. I'd use the EternityProject conversions and run a full blown copy of Ubuntu or Gentoo -- turns it into a pretty badass ultra portable laptop.

Ok, but what does that do to your phone?

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
The built in Webtop functionality sucks and is limited. I'd use the EternityProject conversions and run a full blown copy of Ubuntu or Gentoo -- turns it into a pretty badass ultra portable laptop.

Once you get the update to 4.0.4 the Webtop application is actually the Tablet version of ICS. You can use Chrome browser and ditch Firefox the lapdock actually becomes a tablet except for touch screen.

kijutsu

Reaction score
Ok, but what does that do to your phone?

Your phone must be rooted -- you replace a couple of files on the /system partition, and then you boot the replacement WebTop from your external SDCard. During the replacement webtop boot, it shuts off the motorola webtop. So in effect, it's running the replacement webtop overtop of the existing motorola. Very little is actually done to your phone.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
kijutsu;[URL="tel:2119030" said:
2119030[/URL]]The built in Webtop functionality sucks and is limited. I'd use the EternityProject conversions and run a full blown copy of Ubuntu or Gentoo -- turns it into a pretty badass ultra portable laptop.

please give me some more information about this because this is what I expected when i got it.

The wedtop software is awful it is essentially only a web browser...a bad one at that.