Webtop Lapdock 500

xmiinc

Reaction score
Sounds awesome, SnoDrtRider/Kijutsu!! I'm still on the fence as to whether I start getting into this game of rooting my phone. Is 4.0.4 part of what we'll get when/if D4 gets the official ICS upgrade?
(anyone else find that vaguely dirty? 'Yes, master, give ME the ice cream sandwich--with a full monty on the flipside'...?

I'm on VZW-NYC...and still waiting for 'It'...

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Although running Ubuntu can give you more function, our phones still don't have enough RAM to run it well so the user experience still isn't very good. I think Webtop 3.0 will give the best overall experience on our current hardware.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, but what does that do to your phone?

Got mine yesteday. Remember, we already had the 100, and I bought this 500, like new, off a member here.

WOW this things is awesome!! I really hope Motorola continues to make and ship these because those of you wanting one will love it.

kijutsu

Reaction score
Although running Ubuntu can give you more function, our phones still don't have enough RAM to run it well so the user experience still isn't very good. I think Webtop 3.0 will give the best overall experience on our current hardware.

Ubuntu is a little sluggish. Gentoo works pretty well though. If you don't mind the totally hosed menu system in Gnome. I do most of my work from terminal anyway so it doesn't bother me.