Weatherbug elite

fic1

Reaction score
I have been using weatherbug elite on droid turbo since it came out, All of a sudden a error appears low network connection and forces closed, it runs in the backround updates the tempature shows advisories but when you try to open the app this error appears. Tried to uninstall and reinstall no luck, wondering if it is the phone or app. Thanks

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Is the App up to date? Have you tried restarting your phone.

OP
F

fic1

Reaction score
Yes restarted the phone
. Went to app manager and forced stop clean cache. don't know if its updated cause it wont open. But I uninstalled and reinstalled so I think it should be the lastest version

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
There hasn't been an update to WB Elite since December 2013, as it is no longer available for purchase. So, maybe there will be some issues with it, I don't know. I have it installed on my 64G Turbo, but no issues.

Beardface

Reaction score
I am not happy at all with those developers. They shut down their paid app where users paid to eliminate ads and are exclusively going with an ad based program from now on. I didn't give them money to be forced into seeing ads every time I open the app. At the very least all who bought the WeatherBug Elite all should be issued a refund.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I am not happy at all with those developers. They shut down their paid app where users paid to eliminate ads and are exclusively going with an ad based program from now on. I didn't give them money to be forced into seeing ads every time I open the app. At the very least all who bought the WeatherBug Elite all should be issued a refund.
If you purchased this App within 1 year prior to it being removed, you may be due a refund from Google.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

I agree that the folks at WB gave us Elite purchasers the shaft big time. The only reason that I continue to use WB Elite is that it is the only weather station within 20 miles of where we live. It is at our local school a half mile away from our house. So, fortunately, it is the most accurate weather source that we have. Every other app's info is based upon stations 20 miles away or more.

It would be nice if "they" wold offer an in-app purchase to get ride of the ads, but so far, no such luck.

1coopgt

Reaction score

I've been using Elite for years now and I don't get any adds with mine . Show a screen shot please .

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I've been using Elite for years now and I don't get any adds with mine . Show a screen shot please .
I believe that beardface is referring to WeatherBug's free app (with ads,) not WB Elite. The fact that WB Elite no longer is being updated is causing him issues.

Beer

Reaction score
If you search around a little you may be able to find the WB Elite .apk. If you don't update it you should remain ad free. I'm using it and it works well for me.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I am using WB Elite, which I purchased years ago, without issues or ads. There hasn't been an update to it since Dec '13. Evidently, beardface was having some issues with Elite, but that may be an option for him to investigate. Thanks for the post Beer.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elite is the paid version of Weather Bug . It was like $3 to remove the ads from the free one they have now and was done as a separate app instead of in app purchase. They abandoned it back in 2013 and it has since been removed from the Play Store altogether. I used ES File Explorer to back up my copy on my Rezound then sent it via Bluetooth to my newer phones and tablets.
I got tired of it not refreshing when I opened the app and switched to Weather Underground late last summer.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Used to love WB....amazing weather app. I also started experiencing problems last spring on my S3. I switched to Accuweather (incorporated into Fancy Widgets) and haven't looked back.
Their standalone app is pretty good too.
(Weather Underground is another good one)

S5 tap'n

Beardface

Reaction score
I am using WB Elite, which I purchased years ago, without issues or ads. There hasn't been an update to it since Dec '13. Evidently, beardface was having some issues with Elite, but that may be an option for him to investigate. Thanks for the post Beer.
They didn't just stop updating, they removed Elite from the Play Store. If you get a new device, the only WeatherBug app you can get is the version they have out there, which is ad-based. I bought an app they abandoned forcing me back to their free app that contains the functionality I explicitly paid them to remove. That is not good business.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I found my old copy of WeatherBug Elite by going to the Play Store/My Apps/All and scrolling downward until I found it. I could then install it on my new Turbo. I hope that this is the case for anyone else who bought Elite once-upon-a-time.