Weatherbug elite

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Turbo' started by fic1, Feb 12, 2015.

1. fic1

fic1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using weatherbug elite on droid turbo since it came out, All of a sudden a error appears low network connection and forces closed, it runs in the backround updates the tempature shows advisories but when you try to open the app this error appears. Tried to uninstall and reinstall no luck, wondering if it is the phone or app. Thanks

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Is the App up to date? Have you tried restarting your phone.

3. fic1

fic1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes restarted the phone
    . Went to app manager and forced stop clean cache. don't know if its updated cause it wont open. But I uninstalled and reinstalled so I think it should be the lastest version

4. kmf1

kmf1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +129
    There hasn't been an update to WB Elite since December 2013, as it is no longer available for purchase. So, maybe there will be some issues with it, I don't know. I have it installed on my 64G Turbo, but no issues.

5. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +117
    I am not happy at all with those developers. They shut down their paid app where users paid to eliminate ads and are exclusively going with an ad based program from now on. I didn't give them money to be forced into seeing ads every time I open the app. At the very least all who bought the WeatherBug Elite all should be issued a refund.

6. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    If you purchased this App within 1 year prior to it being removed, you may be due a refund from Google.

7. kmf1

kmf1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +129
    I agree that the folks at WB gave us Elite purchasers the shaft big time. The only reason that I continue to use WB Elite is that it is the only weather station within 20 miles of where we live. It is at our local school a half mile away from our house. So, fortunately, it is the most accurate weather source that we have. Every other app's info is based upon stations 20 miles away or more.

It would be nice if "they" wold offer an in-app purchase to get ride of the ads, but so far, no such luck.

8. 1coopgt

1coopgt Active Member

Ratings:
    +94
    I've been using Elite for years now and I don't get any adds with mine . Show a screen shot please .

9. kmf1

kmf1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +129
    I believe that beardface is referring to WeatherBug's free app (with ads,) not WB Elite. The fact that WB Elite no longer is being updated is causing him issues.

10. Beer

Beer Member

Ratings:
    +40
    If you search around a little you may be able to find the WB Elite .apk. If you don't update it you should remain ad free. I'm using it and it works well for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kmf1

kmf1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +129
    I am using WB Elite, which I purchased years ago, without issues or ads. There hasn't been an update to it since Dec '13. Evidently, beardface was having some issues with Elite, but that may be an option for him to investigate. Thanks for the post Beer.

12. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    Elite is the paid version of Weather Bug . It was like $3 to remove the ads from the free one they have now and was done as a separate app instead of in app purchase. They abandoned it back in 2013 and it has since been removed from the Play Store altogether. I used ES File Explorer to back up my copy on my Rezound then sent it via Bluetooth to my newer phones and tablets.
    I got tired of it not refreshing when I opened the app and switched to Weather Underground late last summer.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

copy weather bug elite

weather bug elite app showing 32 on android