Weather Channel App NWS alert

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Last night was the first severe weather my area had since I got my Droid. I got a red notification in the notification bar for the Weather Chanel app. I opened it like any other notification but the red notification did not go away. Several alerts were posted throughout the evening and I got new alerts. After all severe weather has past it is still stuck on the last notification.

How do I make it go away?

Hewhois

Reaction score
Drag down the title bar on the top and click on the "clear" button

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Wow that was too easy. I was trying to clear it like an email, text, or calendar notification and not looking at a "clear" button right in front of me

VIRominoff

Reaction score
I think one of us doesn't know what NWS means...

I was really hoping for a sexy weather app....

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I think one of us doesn't know what NWS means...

I was really hoping for a sexy weather app....

The Weather Channel app can be pretty sexy if you set it to be so. The NWS alerts (National Weather Service alerts) were pretty sexy especially with the obnoxious alert tone that I set. (it gets your attention just like on TV)

I was at home when this happened. When the NWS obnoxious alert tone, and subsequent information came on TV 4 different times, I got my obnoxious NWS alert, information, and red notification on my Droid 4 different times. I live in hurricane central. If I am not at home the next time the NWS issues an alert, the NWS alerts on my Droid WILL be real sexy. The NWS alearts may even prevent me from harm.