Why Won't Weather Channel App Start Itself Any More???

recDNA

Reaction score
Perhaps the very first app I installed on my original Droid was The (free) Weather Channel. I like how it gives the temp in the notification area up top and how the temp turns red if there is also a weather warning.

Lately for some reason The Weather Channel App (free version) no longer starts by itself when I turn the phone on. If I start the app manually the temp notifier works normally but in the past it always started by itself.

I can't find any setting to make sure it self starts.

Anybody know the answer? I KNOW there are other apps that do the same thing so don't go there. I want THIS app to work as it always has.

Can you help?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the very first app I installed on my original Droid was The (free) Weather Channel. I like how it gives the temp in the notification area up top and how the temp turns red if there is also a weather warning.

Lately for some reason The Weather Channel App (free version) no longer starts by itself when I turn the phone on. If I start the app manually the temp notifier works normally but in the past it always started by itself.

I can't find any setting to make sure it self starts.

Anybody know the answer? I KNOW there are other apps that do the same thing so don't go there. I want THIS app to work as it always has.

Can you help?

Well, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling. If you haven't tried that already. Other then that, send an email to the dev.

Reaction score
Read all the reviews of the update and you'll see. Looks like their new version is total junk. I unistalled it and went to Weather bug.

markwny153

Reaction score
It seems that you need to put a Weather Channel widget on a home screen in order for the app to automatically start after a reboot.