Way to unlock the lock screen/swipe?

spyder560

Reaction score
I go to Location and Security settings and select None for lockscreen but I still get prompted to swipe/unlock when my phone awakes. AnAnyone get this to work?

Deron

Reaction score
You cannot turn off your lock screen. That is a standard on all smart phones. You don't want the phone to start making calls and open apps in your pocket when you accidentally hit your power button and don't realize it. You cannot turn that feature off. Sorry.

That setting you are looking at is to set a password for the lock screen. When that is set you have to swipe and then enter a password to access your phone`s home screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
spyder560

spyder560

Reaction score
You cannot turn off your lock screen. That is a standard on all smart phones. You don't want the phone to start making calls and open apps in your pocket when you accidentally hit your power button and don't realize it. You cannot turn that feature off. Sorry.

That setting you are looking at is to set a password for the lock screen. When that is set you have to swipe and then enter a password to access your phone`s home screen.

Not true..I was able to do it with my DX.

OP
spyder560

spyder560

Reaction score
Not with the default operating system. You must have been running a custom ROM or an app that allowed you to bypass it.

No, I have a stock DX no root nada. Whenever I hit the home key to awaken it, it takes me straight to the homescreen. Also, when I receive calls, I don't have to swipe, I just push Answer/Ignore.
There's gotta be a reason why they have None as an option. But nothing seems to happen..strange.

fauxreall

Reaction score

uhh no, i was able disable it on my og droid

eshef

Reaction score
Get No Lock by BoD from the Market. It's free. That will allow you to bypass the swipe.

Deron

Reaction score
I stand corrected. I never explored this option on my own Droid X.

BearpawART

Reaction score
Screen Lock not working....

My RAZR is now not locking it's screen and when I put it in my purse, it's making phone calls...What did I do? I'm not finding a way to enable the locking screen when I push the power button?