Watermark'D General

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is no WM'D for 1.5 yet. you're trying to install the one for 1.4, which is why you're having problems.

bemenaker

Reaction score
Stewart, I can test for you as well if you need it. Not sure how much I can help, but I can try.

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Watermark'D v3.4 CyanogenMod6.0.0-RC3 has been posted.

[contains Twitter 1.0.3, updated Dialer]

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Stew,

Just thought I'd give you a heads up before you go crazy - according to cvpcs the Sapphire update will drop next week sometime "possibly Wednesday-ish".
Not sure if youu planed on updating Sapphire 1.0, but thought you might like that info before you did.

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Stew,

Just thought I'd give you a heads up before you go crazy - according to cvpcs the Sapphire update will drop next week sometime "possibly Wednesday-ish".
Not sure if youu planed on updating Sapphire 1.0, but thought you might like that info before you did.

Appreciate that.

I think I have decided to continue to support only ROMs that have a setting to be able to adjust clock/notification/etc colors. That is what is giving me a headache. I don't want any part of the code side of this, and if a user can change that themselves, they can run with green, yellow, whatever. It isn't set by me. It at least gives them a choice. That is the reason I never included a font. It is fairly simple to use MM to change it, so why would I put one on there that not everyone likes.

Anywho, I'd love to be able to keep up with them all, but time is getting strained. If I had a user dedicated to each ROM.... like me with CM, someone doing Sapp, one with BB, etc... it would be legit. They do the code for the color of the ROM, we compile all together, etc. I love the image work, love it. I am just irritated with the color coding, etc. Hell, that is what has stopped me from doing widgets at this point.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is the color coding what's giving you the headaches with LFY? when i try to install just a different batt icon app, i get all sorts of problems with it...

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Stew,

Appreciate that.

I think I have decided to continue to support only ROMs that have a setting to be able to adjust clock/notification/etc colors. That is what is giving me a headache. I don't want any part of the code side of this, and if a user can change that themselves, they can run with green, yellow, whatever. It isn't set by me. It at least gives them a choice. That is the reason I never included a font. It is fairly simple to use MM to change it, so why would I put one on there that not everyone likes.

Anywho, I'd love to be able to keep up with them all, but time is getting strained. If I had a user dedicated to each ROM.... like me with CM, someone doing Sapp, one with BB, etc... it would be legit. They do the code for the color of the ROM, we compile all together, etc. I love the image work, love it. I am just irritated with the color coding, etc. Hell, that is what has stopped me from doing widgets at this point.

I wish I knew more about this stuff to help you out! I'd hate to see this theme disappear; it's just too good. I typically stay with Sapphire and I'll be happy to help you with what I can ...

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can I ask something to all you ROM flashers.... What would you rather see....

1. A ROM updated every week, that still contains many bugs, but more features get added, new release, different bugs, new release more features, some bugs fixed, new bugs too....

or

2. A ROM that will be put out. It runs stable. Has whistles and bells, just not every one under the sun. Developer tinkers with it. For days, and days, and days. And days. Another update added that fixes all previous bugs, and adds in some new bells and whistles.... Works on it for days, and days, and days.... repeat process....

Its just to me, since I have been themeing, I have seen ROMs dropped practically daily. Some with bugs that are not being addressed, and they reach into the next build. Then the new ones develop...Seems to me that some want the build number to go up faster, but for what reason I am unsure.

Or am I just a lunatic?

Reaction score
I would rather have a stable rom I can run for a while. Themes can be at whatever interval as long as they look good, which Watermark'D does. I've only used CM and Sapphire because of stability, granted I used Team Chaos for the longest but that is not an option anymore.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What is Sapphire missing that CM has on the theme, besides the dialer and new Twitter?