1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Water Rescue of a Droid II

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by troglodyte, Jul 1, 2011.

1. troglodyte

troglodyte New Member

Hello,
    The other day I dropped my Droid II in water briefly. :sad: I dried it, removed the battery and packed it in rice for 24 hours. Later, I got a hold of some desiccant drying agent and put it it in a baggie with that. I also put a vacuum on it for a few hours. I removed my SD card and backed that up, no problems there. My contacts etc should be backed up by my provider, I backup my device regularly. When I start it I get this message

bootloader D2.36

battery ok
    ok to program
    transfer mode usb

(The back-light works)

When I restart holding X, then pressing the volume and camera button... I get a screen with the Droid guy :greendroid: with a triangle and exclamation point. When I press the looking glass on the keyboard I get a menu I can scroll through... I did a "reset" of the cache...that resulted in no change, I still get the Bootloader menu screen on reboot.

How should I proceed, I think I was at Android 2.2 but am not sure. Should I try to open an update on the SD card? Should I factory reset?

Thank you

Trog
  2. troglodyte

troglodyte New Member

Since I have backup assistant and all my data backed up, I attempted a factory reset.. it appeared to do it ...but when I reboot, I get the same bootloader screen....:blink:
Search tags for this page

dropped droid x in water shows android guy and exclamation p