Water Rescue of a Droid II

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by troglodyte, Jul 1, 2011.

1. troglodyte

troglodyte New Member

Hello,
    The other day I dropped my Droid II in water briefly. :sad: I dried it, removed the battery and packed it in rice for 24 hours. Later, I got a hold of some desiccant drying agent and put it it in a baggie with that. I also put a vacuum on it for a few hours. I removed my SD card and backed that up, no problems there. My contacts etc should be backed up by my provider, I backup my device regularly. When I start it I get this message

bootloader D2.36

battery ok
    ok to program
    transfer mode usb

(The back-light works)

When I restart holding X, then pressing the volume and camera button... I get a screen with the Droid guy :greendroid: with a triangle and exclamation point. When I press the looking glass on the keyboard I get a menu I can scroll through... I did a "reset" of the cache...that resulted in no change, I still get the Bootloader menu screen on reboot.

How should I proceed, I think I was at Android 2.2 but am not sure. Should I try to open an update on the SD card? Should I factory reset?

Thank you

Trog
  2. troglodyte

troglodyte New Member

Since I have backup assistant and all my data backed up, I attempted a factory reset.. it appeared to do it ...but when I reboot, I get the same bootloader screen....:blink:
Search tags for this page

dropped droid x in water shows android guy and exclamation p