Black screen. Water damage?

sss

Reaction score
I had my Droid in my bag outside while it was raining. Later it had water on the surface, but didn't looked soaked or anything. HOWEVER, the water damage indicator was red. It woked completely fine for about five hours. Now the screen isn't working (it is back-lit upon starting the phone, but completely black from there on out). I was wondering if the the screen will start working when the phone dries out, if I should get the phone repaired (and what, specifically to have fixed,) or if I will need to just get a new phone.

Thanks,
Sophie

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I've never had that problem but while reading on the forums I have seen people say that they spilled something on their phones and they took the phone apart and placed the phone in uncooked rice and everything dried out and everything was working fine. Wouldn't hurt to try

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nxoxe

Reaction score
I had my Droid in my bag outside while it was raining. Later it had water on the surface, but didn't looked soaked or anything. HOWEVER, the water damage indicator was red. It woked completely fine for about five hours. Now the screen isn't working (it is back-lit upon starting the phone, but completely black from there on out). I was wondering if the the screen will start working when the phone dries out, if I should get the phone repaired (and what, specifically to have fixed,) or if I will need to just get a new phone.

Thanks,
Sophie

Hey did you fixed? or It didnt work?