Watchdog taskiller alternative

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Hu? I would love to answer your question I just have no clue what it means... :icon_eek:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the O/P is just explaining what the watchdog application does

Sent from my Oven by a Gingerbread Cookie :wink:

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Also tk controversy wd seems a good middle of the raod choice

Cabazon Ca. Droid X

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Why do you need an app such as WatchDog or Advance Task Killer when your phone already has those same type of functions built in to it from the OS developers?

Want to know what is using your battery?...Open Battery Manager and take a look.

Want to end a "stuck" app that isnt responding?...Open up the Applications Tab under Settings and take a look...find it and Force Close it.

In the end, the device is coded to work the way Google OS Engineers have designed it to work...and crazy as it might sound...it actually does work!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 works VERY well! :dancedroid:

Why do you need an app such as WatchDog or Advance Task Killer when your phone already has those same type of functions built in to it from the OS developers?

Want to know what is using your battery?...Open Battery Manager and take a look.

Want to end a "stuck" app that isnt responding?...Open up the Applications Tab under Settings and take a look...find it and Force Close it.

In the end, the device is coded to work the way Google OS Engineers have designed it to work...and crazy as it might sound...it actually does work!

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
If I dont need will uninstall

Cabazon Ca. Droid X

Wefler

Reaction score
Really I don't think I've had much luck with ATK - I don't see how you can run ATK - kill everything, and then without opening anything else, just scrolling around on your home screens; a TON of other apps can be open and running and ready for ATK to kill.

Can anyone explain?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just because apps are open, doesn't mean they're doing anything.
http://m.lifehacker.com/5650894/android-task-killers-explained-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

Really I don't think I've had much luck with ATK - I don't see how you can run ATK - kill everything, and then without opening anything else, just scrolling around on your home screens; a TON of other apps can be open and running and ready for ATK to kill.

Can anyone explain?

DroidForums junkie!!

Wefler

Reaction score
So when I open up ATK and there is a ton of stuff listed and at the top it says available memory 58M and then I kill almost everything and it says available memory 142M....that means they aren't open????

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For a minute. Open task killer again a few moments later, theyyyyyy're baaaack!

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
By getting out of the "Windows" mentality that you need the most "free memory" possible or something's wrong. Android already manages tasks...the way its supposed to.

right so how do you fix that problem?

DroidForums junkie!!

Wefler

Reaction score
fair enough but I still want a second opinion. - Wouldn't having more apps open kill your battery?
also - someone said something about upgrading away from or to moto blur? can't remember...??