Solved Watch the thread

nosyncho

Reaction score
If I start or post in a thread, why is it not tracked by default for me to access later via "watched threads"? It seems that would be the default expectation. I guess one could also select to cancel "watched threads", but why bother; it's just a sorting query? Option to cancel email notices makes sense, but quick access to threads I participated in also seems standard and without an obvious downside. Am I just missing a button: "Threads I participated in"? Or, is there some rationale about serving up yet another profile nugget for NSA spooks?

OP
N

nosyncho

Reaction score
I found it.

"Your Profile Page" >> "Recent Activity"

Sorry about that.

It might make sense to bring the function up a couple levels, even with "Watched Threads".

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also, a slightly quicker way, if you hover over your username in the upper right corner of the site, you can select "Your Content," which will show you ever post you've made.

That's a feature that the Tapatalk app handles better than the actual site in my opinion. There's a "Subscribed" section in Tapatalk that will show any thread you're watching, whether you've posted or just selected "Watch Thread." It also doesn't show duplicate threads, like if you're engaged in a back and forth conversation, Recent Activity on the site shows multiple instances of that same thread (If I remember right), whereas Tapatalk will just show that thread once.

Since you've found it, I've marked this thread Solved.

OP
N

nosyncho

Reaction score
Thank you Jonny! That is better, to list the threads one time each.

Responders to me!??? : These functions are not indicating when someone is responding in the thread I am discussing (I think this is the case). That's only half-way to the mark. Normally, one would expect to see if a thread has a new response before they click into the thread. I'll check again, but holler if there is something else to consider.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Unfortunately, I use Tapatalk more than anything for the forum. There, it shows you clearly when there's a new comment.

On the site, the only thing I can think of is that threads show as bold in the Recent Topics section if you haven't read them. If you've commented in that thread, your avatar will show in the bottom right corner of the avatar of the person who started the thread (or maybe the most recent to comment. I can't recall.) When I DO use the site, I spend the majority of my time in the Recent Topics section & rely on the notifications in the upper right when there's a direct response/quote to me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
N

nosyncho

Reaction score
"notifications in the upper right" == "Alerts", right? Thank you. That seems to work.

I see "Active Topics" and think that must be the Recent Topics that you refer to. That is tracking activity as you indicated. I'll use that too. TY again.