WARNING- AndroLib.com infected with Rogue AntiVirus

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Really great website, it has a nice syncing app (too bad you still have to install it one by one). I've noticed that it doesn't have all the apps available though. Thanks for the heads up! (don't know if it pertain for me though since I'm on a Mac) AndroLib's website is so messy, they need to clean it up a bit.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i also have had this happen to me but not from that site but i didnt know hw to get it to go away,so i reinstalled my OS,lol

darreno1

Reaction score
We've been fighting this virus for months and I've found the 2 most effective tools against it are Superantispyware and Malwarebytes anti-malware(both can be found on download.com). I have yet to find an antivirus suite (free or paid) that can effectively block this infection. So it's not a bad idea to download the free versions of those tools and keep them on your PC for a rainy day.

I've visited that site a couple times and thankfully have not had a problem but now I will problably avoid it till they clean it up.

seang

Reaction score
^the guys that write this malware specifically attack norton, and mcaffee.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are the users having this problem using IE?

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I have had a couple of versions of the "rogue antivirus" over the last 2-3 years. The first time took me 3 hours to manually remove the problem.

Malwarebytes Anti Malware is a great program. So is CCleaner (run that every so often, cleans out all of your temp, IE temp, and cookies, as well as a bunch of other stuff) HiJack This is another program for detecting problems, but it generates a file after the scan that takes someone who is very familiar with registries and what not to read the HiJack This file and tell you if you got all of the infection. There are other removal tools, and programs for removing problems like these. Norton, and McAfee are useless for preventing and ridding your computer of that type of malicions software.

There are a few sites out there for helping people get rid of these rogue programs. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com is one I have used in the past, lots of information there, and helpful people.

OP
Erich_F

Erich_F

Reaction score

Yeah, I use IE7. Maybe I'll finally make the jump to Chrome?

Spyware Doctor cleaned my system out, and is $40 for three licenses. I uninstalled and trashed Norton Internet In-Security last night.

bastosero

Reaction score

Yeah, I use IE7. Maybe I'll finally make the jump to Chrome?

Spyware Doctor cleaned my system out, and is $40 for three licenses. I uninstalled and trashed Norton Internet In-Security last night.

You need to update your computer also and your IE7 to IE8, but it would be wiser to use something else than IE altogether.

OP
Erich_F

Erich_F

Reaction score
I did all the current Windows Updates last night. I had read about folks having issues with the new IE8, and never updated it. In fact, I just setup Chrome for now, see how I like it.

Technoman

Reaction score
I did all the current Windows Updates last night. I had read about folks having issues with the new IE8, and never updated it. In fact, I just setup Chrome for now, see how I like it.

And use anything but Norton if you want real protection. I hear Kaspersky is one of the best there is.

bristolcat

Reaction score
My company has been dealing with this crap for a few months now. Our research indicated that the brand of browser did not matter when encountering infected sites, although keeping whatever you browse with up to date is a good idea. I would also recommend keeping your Adobe Flash up to date as possible, as we suspect that some of these infections are being spread through paid Flash ad networks.

We use Malwarebytes to both detect and remove these infections. Sometimes it is not always possible to remove the infection and reformatting the computer is necessary. We haven't tried it, but the paid version of Malware Bytes supposedly has real-time protection. As of a few weeks ago, Symantec and Trend Micro stated they were not protecting against this type of infection.

So yeah, if you see something like this pop up, don't click anything - don't click cancel, don't click the X, don't click ANYTHING. Either CTRL-ALT-Delete to the Task Manager and kill the browser or hold the power button down on your computer. This stuff can be nasty.

seang

Reaction score
maybe thats why i havent got it, i use adblocker with firefox.