Wanting to wipe SD card and phone

Blossom151

Reaction score
I've had this SD card since the horrid Fascinate(don't get me wrong~I loved it at first) but after tons of problems they switch me to the HTC Incredible(wasn't much impressed with it either)
I thought that I'd get a new one with this RazR but they just put the one from HTC in it.....I felt like I was contaminating the RazR.
Sometimes my phone acts up, so I'll do my forum's research (so thankful for the guys behide this site) and my phone will be fine for awhile...but I just want to start over, I already have my photo~vids~books and all my other important stuff on my pc....I still find files associated with the Fascinate.
Should I just purchase a new one or would it be possible to get everything of the card as well as the phone ?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
You can use your phone to format the SD card which wipes everything off of it, and you can go into stock recovery on the phone and wipe data and cache. You should also have an option to format the internal SD card but I'm not sure. There should be some How-To's on here to instruct you on how to get to recovery. I'm not savvy at all with the RAZR, but I hope this helps.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Reaction score
When you go to settings, then privacy, just select factory reset, it will then ask if you want to wipe sd card and internal card, check both boxes and the phone and storage will be wiped clean .

Sent from my XT912 using DroidForums

OP
Blossom151

Blossom151

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys, I'm not too savy either when it comes to most of this stuff. I've been on the fence as to root or not to root... so much of that scares and confuses me...once I jump I'm scared I won't get back...
But I'll keep readin hoping that it'll start to make sense to me...

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Thanks a bunch guys, I'm not too savy either when it comes to most of this stuff. I've been on the fence as to root or not to root... so much of that scares and confuses me...once I jump I'm scared I won't get back...
But I'll keep readin hoping that it'll start to make sense to me...

No problem. Rooting shouldn't mess up your phone, it's flashing ROMs that could potentially brick, or mess up, your phone. It's always recommended to have backups and a failsafe while doing any modifications to the software on your phone.

EDIT: Also, after you root, before doing ANYTHING, make a backup in recovery.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
Blossom151

Blossom151

Reaction score
No problem. Rooting shouldn't mess up your phone, it's flashing ROMs that could potentially brick, or mess up, your phone. It's always recommended to have backups and a failsafe while doing any modifications to the software on your phone.

EDIT: Also, after you root, before doing ANYTHING, make a backup in recovery.

Ahh so much to do...but thanks for the advice...I'll start the research after I get all my other 1 million and 1 things done...that's my one problem, is short on time. Worried I won't have enough if I do mess it up...
But thanks for taking the time for your imput!!!