Transferring from phone memory to sd card

jrfuller

Reaction score
I'm trying to transfer all photos from my phone to my sd card, however i can't seem to find the option. A tech for Verizon said i would have to use my computer but that's a lot of work. Is there any other way

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, there's the built-in app calledy My files, which will allow you to select multiple files and then allows for moving them to other folders. You would simply select "Home" then choose SD Card to move to the removable SD card. Otherwise there's a myriad of file manager apps on the market, most are excellent at this. Astro is ranked high, but there must be dozens.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
The computer method and Astro/File Manager method are probably both gonna take the same amount of time.

Personally i think its easier to use a computer.

All you gotta do is connect ur phone via the usb cable, select "usb mass storage" and if you open "my computer" there should be 2 drives listed under removable storage. One should be labled "mot" i think, and that will be ur phone. The other drive will be ur sd card. Simply open both locations and cut/copy & paste what you want and the end.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The computer method and Astro/File Manager method are probably both gonna take the same amount of time.

Personally i think its easier to use a computer.

All you gotta do is connect ur phone via the usb cable, select "usb mass storage" and if you open "my computer" there should be 2 drives listed under removable storage. One should be labled "mot" i think, and that will be ur phone. The other drive will be ur sd card. Simply open both locations and cut/copy & paste what you want and the end.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

I agree 100% that using the PC is the easiest from a user interface standpoint since you have the mouse and can do split screen transfers with a large screen, but the OP mentioned using a computer is "a lot of work" and he asked for "any other way". Since many times people are not near a PC and still want to move their data to the removable SD card, the only way to do this would be to use an installed app such as the ones mentioned above.

Jumble works quite well and in landscape mode offers a dual-screen operation. ;)