Want to remove Facebook contacts--but HOW?

bdearborn887

Reaction score
DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE.

if you wish to remove your facebook contacts from your droid, follow these SIMPLE steps...
-press your menu button on the home screen
-select settings
-once in settings, select "accounts & sync"
-scroll down to "facebook" and select it
-select the "remove account" option
-YOUR FACEBOOK CONTACTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED!

~this does not remove the facebook app from your phone, it only removes contact information.

this is the correct way to remove the facebook contacts, its obviously clear that this forum is not reviewed by the administrators, for incorrect or misleading information.... hopefully i have saved a few people from doing the unthinkable and factory resetting their phone.... hope i helped whoever read this far into this forum.

~Bdearborn887

Beka27

Reaction score
I did precisely what previous poster recommended about a month ago. It works.

(from Beka's DX)

collett

Reaction score
Hmmm....I'm really not usually this clueless, but I've tried these methods (except factory reset) to get rid of all the Facebook and Twitter contacts, but no luck. I don't find "accounts and sync" in my settings, only "accounts." Any other suggestions? (Short of factory reset-not going there just to get rid of some contacts I don't want.)

bdearborn887

Reaction score
Which Droid do u have? (x, incredible, etc..)

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

collett

Reaction score
Sorry-left that out. I have X.

Oh, I have removed both Facebook and Twitter accounts from the "My Accounts" area. I use the FB app and Tweetcaster.

Last edited:

bdearborn887

Reaction score
What do u see when u go into ur settings from the menu on ur homescreen?

bdearborn887

Reaction score
U pressed ur menu button then pressed settings correct?

collett

Reaction score
Yep. I have:
Wireless and Networks
Call Settings
Sound
Display
Data Manager
HDMI
Backup Assistant
Location and Security
Accounts (neither FB nor Twitter are there as I deleted the accounts a while back)
Battery Manager
Privacy
SD Card and Phone Storage
Search
Language and Keyboard
Voice Input and Output
Accessibility
Date and Time
About Phone

Whew! What a menu!

bdearborn887

Reaction score
Wow then idk, I assumed our settings were the same... but if u already removed the accounts then idk and u have no "sync" settings anywhere?? Bc that's the only way to un-sync the contacts that I've been shown... other than completly removing the app

collett

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure there's some setting somewhere I haven't tried. Thanks for all your help, though. Eventually, I'll make it work.

bdearborn887

Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't help u out, I'm pretty good with the incredible but not the x obviously... best of luck to u.

droidpro.ms

Reaction score
Ah, I have the same problem...kinda. I have a Droid Pro.
When I set facebook as my PICTURE SOURCE, I thought that's all it would do - just change the pictures of my contacts that had a facebook. Wrong! It added all of my 1,000 fbook friends. So, I deleted that account and my contacts went back to normal. But when I added my facebook account back, it did it again.
Everyone on here has said go to ACCOUNTS AND SYNC, but mine just says ACCOUNTS. While in accounts, I can click SETTINGS and then PICTURE SOURCE...but it won't let me de-select facebook and there's not an alternative source.
It would be wonderful if I could have my original contacts and link those with facebook, without adding the extra ones. Can anyone help? If there's not a way to do that, then how can I have my facebook account without it being my picture source?
Thanks in advance.

billyidle

Reaction score
Yes, open the Facebook app, hit Menu, Settings, Sync Contact, change to Sync with existing contacts