Want to remove Facebook contacts--but HOW?

CathieBeck

Reaction score
I downloaded all my friends on Facebook to my Droid contacts.

It's TOO MANY -- over 500!

I wish to "undo" this move -- all I want on my Droid contact list
is my very limited number of people -- which is what I originally had.

Do I have to go through and individually delete those 500 Facebook contacts now?

Please tell me if there's a quick and easy way to do this.

Cathie

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Open contacts, select menu button, select accounts, select facebook, then remove account.
You will lose your facebook but then re-add the account but turn off the sync and don't sync with contacts. Hope this helps and is clear enough.

MInkyboi

Reaction score
alternatively, you can also change the display options to show only contacts with phone numbers also

burner312

Reaction score
Ha, I'm glad this was asked. I've been wondering the same thing! I had 602 added all at once... Thanks for the help!

Jhannigan210

Reaction score
I did the sync also, and I noticed that all the entries that I transferred from my old phone were gone. I reversed the FB sync, but now it says I have 0 contacts. Are all the ones I transferred gone for good?

Jhannigan210

Reaction score
I did the sync also, and I noticed that all the entries that I transferred from my old phone were gone. I reversed the FB sync, but now it says I have 0 contacts. Are all the ones I transferred gone for good?

Strangely enough, when people call me it shows their name from my old contacts. But when I go to contacts it says "No contacts with phone numbers"

:blink:

Pac-man

Reaction score
Getting rid of FB contacts for good...and still having Facebook

Finally got it. remove facebook from my accounts and from social networking.

then use browser to go to facebook. login and then make it a shortcut to home page. Also, if you want to IM on facebook, download facebook chat.

Doing all of this gives you all of FB features, and contact list remains unaffected.

hope this helps.

pac-man

fmckinnon

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

OK - I have the same problem, but the things above don't work. I've totally removed my Facebook account from the "My Accounts" screen, and verified this by going to Social networking, where it's gone as well.

However, all these Facebook contacts are still in my Contacts:All contacts.

I went to one, for example, and attempted to delete him manually ... when I clicked and "held" on this name, I chose "Delete" and got this message:

Delete: to remove this contact from your phone, remove this person from your friends list on the following providers. (OK)
(no list of providers was listed)

I've even deleted this person from my Contacts list in my Google account, but they are still on my phone.

kmd

Reaction score
Will not let me remove FB account!

Open contacts, select menu button, select accounts, select facebook, then remove account.
You will lose your facebook but then re-add the account but turn off the sync and don't sync with contacts. Hope this helps and is clear enough.

I tried this every way possible ... it won't let me remove my FB account. I think maybe because it is the only "Social Networking" account set up? But I tried to add a MySpace account and it won't let me.

Grrrrrr.

kmd

Reaction score
alternatively, you can also change the display options to show only contacts with phone numbers also

When I do this, it ignores all contacts from google and from my exchange server.

FSG1

Reaction score
I only get notifications through email with the FB app.

is there a way to:

A)turn off email notification and only get a notification from the FB app itself?

B)Sync profiles for pics and such on your phonebook but only snycing the contacts that are in your contact list and not the entire facebook list?

niceum

Reaction score
OK - I have the same problem, but the things above don't work. I've totally removed my Facebook account from the "My Accounts" screen, and verified this by going to Social networking, where it's gone as well.

However, all these Facebook contacts are still in my Contacts:All contacts.

I went to one, for example, and attempted to delete him manually ... when I clicked and "held" on this name, I chose "Delete" and got this message:

Delete: to remove this contact from your phone, remove this person from your friends list on the following providers. (OK)
(no list of providers was listed)

I've even deleted this person from my Contacts list in my Google account, but they are still on my phone.

fmckinnon, did you solve this problem?
HOW HOW HOW?
F-ing facebook. Why does it lock contacts on my phone. Such BS!

fmckinnon

Reaction score
Hey, more like Motorola being the one to blame, I think ..

Anyway, yeah, I fixed it - but you won't like the answer. I did a factory reset on my phone and started over.