Walt1909

walt1909

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble streaming music from your pc using "my music"? Also, is it possible to shuffle music while streaming? A tech at motorola said it wasn't capable of shuffling your whole library.

SallyC

Reaction score
I don't know if there's a limit on how many it can shuffle, but I have 4000+ songs and can shuffle.

I can see where connection speed could be an issue though.

OP
walt1909

walt1909

Reaction score
Thanks, I have about 4000 also. It didn't seem to be an issue until I deleted my songs from my sd card.
I don't know if there's a limit on how many it can shuffle, but I have 4000+ songs and can shuffle.

I can see where connection speed could be an issue though.

OP
walt1909

walt1909

Reaction score
It will play any song in my library but seems to take a long time buffering. I will try to reboot and let you know what happens. Shuffleing is iffy at best.

OP
walt1909

walt1909

Reaction score
OK, I rebooted and nothing changed. It even buffers when playing a single song. I may bring it to the Verizon store tomorroow. Want to get a bigger card and download the music but still want to figure this out. Thanks for all your help SallyC. When I figure it out I'll post it.

Reaction score
If this is something you just noticed today I think it is a network issue. I stream music all the time from my pc to my phone and it is always smooth but today when I we driving (around the same time you posted your issue) my streaming was doing what you describe. It was struggling to stream even one song without pausing to buffer. Annoying but since today was the first time I am inclined to believe it was a network issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
walt1909

walt1909

Reaction score
On the way to work this morning it was streaming better but still wont shuffle. I got an alert that the program was not responding. I am going to reinstall motocast on my razr and pc to see if that resolves the problem.

SallyC

Reaction score
On the way to work this morning it was streaming better but still wont shuffle. I got an alert that the program was not responding. I am going to reinstall motocast on my razr and pc to see if that resolves the problem.

If rebooting didn't help, I'm back to connection speed. It's possible your phone or the MotoCast install is involved, but first I'd download the Speedtest.com app and compare your download speeds.

SallyC

Reaction score
If this is something you just noticed today I think it is a network issue. I stream music all the time from my pc to my phone and it is always smooth but today when I we driving (around the same time you posted your issue) my streaming was doing what you describe. It was struggling to stream even one song without pausing to buffer. Annoying but since today was the first time I am inclined to believe it was a network issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Yes, I agree that's most logical. Walt can also check for this by trying to stream/shuffle from his home wifi and see if he has issues there or if it's only when he's out. If rebooting didn't help, then I'm thinking the fact that it seemed to have started when he deleted songs from his SD card is coincidental.

OP
walt1909

walt1909

Reaction score
Hey, it's me again. On the phone with moto tech support for over an hour. He had me do a factory reset and it still has the same problems. I really thought that would fix it but it didn't. I will do the speed test but it does this whether I'm on the road or sitting next to my computer. I may also try a different streaming app from the market. One last thing, the music shuffles and it plays my whole library on the motocast program on my computer. On the phone it has a set list I didn't create that has the first 500 songs of my library. I clear i but it keeps coming back. Thanks again for all the input and help. :blink:

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm not understanding why some of this is going on - especially after a reset, where you would have re-installed everything. And it also hung up buffering on your home network. The appearance of a playlist you're not creating is not making sense to me either. Perhaps someone else has some ideas, otherwise I would suggest you take it to a VZW dealer or try posting in the MotoCast forum and see if someone there has any ideas.

OP
walt1909

walt1909

Reaction score
Well, it only seems to happen with the "my music app." Next stop is the verizon store. In the meantime I am going to try the "Snap music app" to see how that goes. Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.

OP
walt1909

walt1909

Reaction score
OK, it seems to work fine when I play using any one of my playlists ,so I'm just going to make a playlist with all my songs instead of using the song library. Streaming seemed better going to work today. I'm still going to get a 32 g card and download the music anyway. It also shuffled fine when I listen thru a playlist.

SallyC

Reaction score
OK, it seems to work fine when I play using any one of my playlists ,so I'm just going to make a playlist with all my songs instead of using the song library. Streaming seemed better going to work today. I'm still going to get a 32 g card and download the music anyway. It also shuffled fine when I listen thru a playlist.

These things can drive us nuts, but I'm glad you found something that works.