Wall charger?

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I have an old charger from my env2 that I still like to use because of the super long cord. So you think it will still work fine with my Droid razr? It has the same output voltage as the razrs charger. I have had it for a while though since I used it for my env2 and my ally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jayb

Reaction score
I use mine from my OG Droid for the same reason........its long. I have not had any problems either with it. I have had problems in the past with my OG and a cheap cord. The cheap cords just dont work right they make the screen mess up and a couple of other things that I cant remember.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have an old charger from my env2 that I still like to use because of the super long cord. So you think it will still work fine with my Droid razr? It has the same output voltage as the razrs charger. I have had it for a while though since I used it for my env2 and my ally.

Jayb is right. Also, just because the voltage is the same doesn't mean the charger is appropriate for the phone. Both Verizon and Motorola have strict language regarding the use of unapproved chargers voiding the warranty so I'd be cautious.

Deron

Reaction score

I like your username. Played Deus Ex so many times.

I think it will work just fine. I myself am using an extra long 7 foot charging cable that I used to charge my Droid X. It works fine for my Razr. I also use my Nook charger to charge my Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

OP
JCDenton771

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I like your username. Played Deus Ex so many times.

I think it will work just fine. I myself am using an extra long 7 foot charging cable that I used to charge my Droid X. It works fine for my Razr. I also use my Nook charger to charge my Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Thanks for the recognition not many people still remember that game although the new one is pretty good.

I read something once that all chargers will work with any phone and that the output just changes how slow/fast the phone will charge. Not entirely sure I'd this is true but just what I heard once.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the recognition not many people still remember that game although the new one is pretty good.

I read something once that all chargers will work with any phone and that the output just changes how slow/fast the phone will charge. Not entirely sure I'd this is true but just what I heard once.

Deron is correct that the charger for the X will work fine with the RAZR, however it is not entirely true that all chargers will work with any phone, even if they all take the micro USB connection. They may work OK to charge and you're right about them charging at different rates but it's common knowledge that many of the non-motorola and non-verizon chargers cause erratic screen response to the touch sensitive screen.

techgov8

Reaction score

I've been using the env2 charger for a while now on the razr and have had zero problems with anything. (Knock on wood) haha but yea I think it'll be fine. I hate how short the OG cable it came with is. It doesn't stretch to my bed like the env2 one does