LG Env2 Charger Specs Work For Droid

therock

Reaction score
I have retired my Env2 for the DROID

The Droid Charger outputs 5.1v = 850mA.

The Env2 has the micro USB jack and Outputs 5.1v=0.7A.

So........can I use it safely to charge the DROID. It would be nice to have the two options for home and office.

elowe65

Reaction score
I've been doing this for the past few weeks now and have only one problem.

Seems like possibly my pins on the charger might be worn or tweaked as it'll only charge if put the connector in a little off center, but once i get the charging signal, it charges fine...

jimnutt

Reaction score
Yes, that charger will work. The primary concern is that it have a regulated output to 5V +/- 0.25 and put out at least 500ma (the more ma, the faster the phone will charge up to a point).

OP
therock

therock

Reaction score
Thanks, Good I can keep one permanently stationed.

diablo.fh

Reaction score
I've been using my old Env2 charger on my Droid with no problems. It's very convenient for me because my wife still uses the Env2, so I pretty much have a charger everywhere I go now... :)

mark1wat

Reaction score
Cool, my wife's Env3 charger is the same.

She said her phone throws up a red flag when she tries to use the droid charger. So I stopped using the Env3 one on the droid, just in case.

It said something about not being compatible with this device, so be careful going to other way.

diablo.fh

Reaction score
I'm definitely no expert, but I would think that the mini USB connector should conform to a certain spec, and should work for all devices. Can anyone confirm this?