Vzw Droid X

Robslaw

Reaction score
Ok, is it just me or has vzw diabled the charger on the phone to only work with VZW chargers?

I have a micro usb charger from Plantronics for my ear piece and it will not charge my droid.

Am I missing something?

kpiskin

Reaction score
I only have the VZW chargers, but don't know how they would do that. I did have a problem a couple times when I first got the phone and noticed I didn't plug in cleanly. I didn't realize it either time until I saw that the phone charge was lower than when I plugged it in. I think the plug just needed to be broken in a little because I'm not having that issue anymore.

Seapup

Reaction score
Ok, is it just me or has vzw diabled the charger on the phone to only work with VZW chargers?

I have a micro usb charger from Plantronics for my ear piece and it will not charge my droid.

Am I missing something?

No one disabled anything... your Plantronics charger is too weak. My Plantronics Voyager Pro and Discovery 975 chargers don't work either as they put out only 350mA. I do have 3 other non-Moto/non-VZW chargers that work fine... they range from 500mA-1200mA. The stock Moto charger for the X puts out 850mA.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved to correct sub-forum....

OP
R

Robslaw

Reaction score

Am I missing something?

No one disabled anything... your Plantronics charger is too weak. My Plantronics Voyager Pro and Discovery 975 chargers don't work either as they put out only 350mA. I do have 3 other non-Moto/non-VZW chargers that work fine... they range from 500mA-1200mA. The stock Moto charger for the X puts out 850mA.

That bites! Good to know that I don't have to pay vzw for another charger. I'll go to wall mart and see what they have.

Thanks

Mamaperk

Reaction score
Monoprice has chargers and various cables to charge droids... the shorter the cable the faster they charge... i have a few different ones... 3ft for fast charge and 10 ft to keep plugged in while i am in bed using the phone.
Sherry
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk