VZNavigator instead of google maps w/nav?

xandor

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can use google maps w/navigation? I noticed they have vznavigator for D2, which implies you can't.

It was nice to have as a quick nav solution, but was wondering what others think.

I looked at the droid x forums but my search-fu is not too good.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes you can use Google Nav with the D2......

OP
xandor

xandor

Reaction score
Well, given that the vznavigator is available, I wasn't going to put it past verizon to somehow remove that ability. Good to hear.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Well, given that the vznavigator is available, I wasn't going to put it past verizon to somehow remove that ability. Good to hear.

Google navigation is inherent to 2.2. They could have sent it out removed, but it would be hours before a dev got it back on there, so what would have been the point? Thats why we love good ol' android!!!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

I apologize for my earlier post, I can be deathly sarcastic as Hookbill can attest to...

VZ is counting on the masses to not realize that they can put google maps on the phone and get free nav...

OP
xandor

xandor

Reaction score

I apologize for my earlier post, I can be deathly sarcastic as Hookbill can attest to...

VZ is counting on the masses to not realize that they can put google maps on the phone and get free nav...

Or even realize that google maps is preloaded.

techguru

Reaction score
For reasons I have outlined in other threads related to the inherent accuracy of the source data, there are many reasons for a user to choose vz nav or another nav app over google nav. For most, google will be good enough, but of you need very high accuracy, it is nice to know you can call VZ and have nav entered on your account and fire up the app quickly.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
VZNavigator is available for Most Verizon Phones. I feel that people that are not fully aware of the free alternatives for GPS are the ones who use VZN.