Multiple waypoints in Nav w/Chrome to Phone

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Multiple waypoints in Nav w/Chrome to Phone... almost

I set up directions on Google Maps on my PC for a trip with multiple waypoints. (stops) I sent that to my D1 with Chrome to Phone.

C to P opens a Nav screen on my D1. The written turn by turn directions show the multiple stops (i.e. destination on the right etc) with accurate written directions to the next stop and to the next stop etc. If you press "Show on map" on the D1 it draws the route on the map with the multiple stops. I have been trying to figure this out since I got my Droid. dancedroid

But...when I press "Navigate" it directs me to the last stop on the route. :icon_rolleyes: Soooooo close. Does that set off any light bulbs for a fix or work around?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. That's just how it works. You can't navigate your own map with directions and prompts. You can pull up the route and watch as you drive along it.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Thanks for the bump, but I do have a definite grasp for the obvious.

Getting as much info as I got to transfer was a first for me or anyone in a post that I have seen. I think it might spark another idea to make it work as it does on a PC

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Yep, it's pretty much

Step 1 Use Chrome to Phone
Step 2 ????
Step 3 Profit

Congrats on step 1 and good luck finding step 2.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Yep, it's pretty much

Step 1 Use Chrome to Phone
Step 2 ????
Step 3 Profit

Congrats on step 1 and good luck finding step 2.

Exactly, so close yet so far. As many geniuses as hang out here, I sure this will spark an idea with someone

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
O ye of little faith I got multiple stops/way points to work in Maps! dancedroid

I set up a map on Google Maps on my PC. Organised my stops in a logical progression. Saved to My Maps.

I set Bubble Buttons in Labs in Droid Maps.

When I pull up the map from My Maps in Droid Maps, I can finger press the push pin locator at the first stop. The Bubble comes up, hit the blue arrow in the bubble and I get the turn by turn. After my stop I exit Nav and it returns to the previous screen which is My Maps. I scroll to the next push pin and press. New Bubble, new Nav, and so on through 8 stops dancedroid

pyro6128

Reaction score
for that, couldnt you just star the locations, and then press back when you got to your destination, then click the next starred location?

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
for that, couldnt you just star the locations, and then press back when you got to your destination, then click the next starred location?

Sure.... there are all kinds of ways to get to multiple locations, but all of those ways including the Stars don't give you the optimum order for multiple stops. That's the point of what you need for a multiple way point/stop trip. Then all of those Stars junk up the Star list of things I need on a more regular basis.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
O ye of little faith I got multiple stops/way points to work in Maps! dancedroid
Now get to work on getting Google Maps to follow custom routes laid out via My Maps! :laugh:

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Now get to work on getting Google Maps to follow custom routes laid out via My Maps! :laugh:

Droid Nav did follow a change I made in My Maps on the PC. The area I was traveling in was a suburban area with a choice of 2 state roads between points. The roads appear equal on Google Maps. Google on the PC sent me a way that I know has a lot of stop and go. I dragged the route over on My Maps on the PC before I saved it. Droid Nav followed my saved route. This change was only over a 5 or 6 mile stretch on roads a mile or so appart, so it may have been a coincidence. I will have to try it on a bigger change