Vpn through 3g problem?

schoust

Reaction score
Hi Guy's new to the Forum and I am hoping to find some answers here? I am a WM convert who absolutely loves the Droid platform! But the real reason for having this phone is the ability to be able to VPN into my company network and access my BAS systems and make changes as needed through the phone. Now the vpn works perfect when I am on the wifi anywhere but when I try to use it through the 3g network it times out or simply drops connection?? Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I find it hard to believe that a phone as sophisticated as this is not capable of doing this task.
Please Help.

OP
S

schoust

Reaction score
72 views and not one answer! I was affraid this was going to happen,to bad I really like this phone. Mybe its time for something else? Anyone have any sugestions??

psrumors

Reaction score
Wish I could help, I have been unable to make a VPN connection whether on WIFI or 3g. Our network group sees me hit the server all of my credentials are accepted but the phone says the server hangs up. The server says the phone disconnects.

OP
S

schoust

Reaction score
Totally bogus man. How can a phone like this not be able to VPN properly? I do not understand? I hope that they fix it soon or I will be out a Dinc.....

OP
S

schoust

Reaction score
Now I'm nervous. Guess this is a fact then the Droid incredible does not support the Vpn client as it stated it did in the brochure that I read when I bought! Well I guess they can say that it does because it will work through the Wifi but most of the time for my use I will be out in the field with no Wifi........Very disappointed........

cyberaxe

Reaction score
Vpn android tether stopped

I have 6 users using VPN's over Android until last week. Now they don't work. Incredibles and Droids, On 2.1 and 2.2.

I have tested laptops without the vpn and they work.

LET ME BE CLEAN, I'm not talking about the windows software vpn, I'm talking about in Android all programs, settings, wireless and connection, vpn, then pptp.

I get an error thats new, the server disconnect check to make sure your vpn client isn't behind a firewall.

This is a new problem.

OP
S

schoust

Reaction score
Sounds like it might be a different issue? I have no problem over the Wifi network it's the 3g that does not work regardless of the signal. The weird part of this is the our Vpn client never used ssl now I can not connect unless I am using SSl??? We do not use SSL??????? I am very,very confused about this thing? I have to believe that Verizon and Google are going to loose there corporate clientele unless they get there stuff together and fix this silly Bug. Heck my old WM touch phone worked better..............

OP
S

schoust

Reaction score
Not to bring this up again but has anyone got anywhere with this issue yet?? I love the phone but it looks like I will have to go I phone if and when it appears that is..........

OP
S

schoust

Reaction score
Wow seems real strange that they (Verizon) advertised this device (The Droid INC.) could VPN into anyone's network at any time and it flat out can't. I actually contacted our corporate sales Rep. who himself admitted they are completely stumped but are working on the problem. I promptly told him that we would be gone shortly if this is not cleared up soon. Then I asked how much longer would the I-Phone be introduced and would it be 3g Vpn capable. He didn't have a clue......Number since this phone has so much more capability than my old WM phone yet it can't do what I need it to do.....Disappointing.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but I have been having issues again lately with this as well. I have a non-encrypted PPTP session with similar results as others in this thread. The weird thing is it was working well for over 9 months. I am wondering if this is related to the 2.2 update, or a change on VZ's network.

I have not tested on wifi yet. I have the original DROID if it matters.

Does anyone know if there are other VPN apps that work?

OP
S

schoust

Reaction score
I really don't think it has anything to do with the 2.2 software because My Dinc. came originally equipped with the 1rst version of Android. Honestly I believe that it is something that Verizon has done to limit the drag on there 3g network in order to stay in the same ballpark as the other carriers (speed wise). According to our IT Guru's it's very simple Verizon just has to stop blocking the port in question. All I know is my lowly Touch Pro WM device was able to do this function and the Mighty Droid Inc.with 2.2 can not!!

John.Edwards

Reaction score
No problems on wifi - 3G is blocking something. I am wondering if they think they are blocking illegal tethering?

I think I may have a chat with VZ support.

azlen3

Reaction score
No VPN

The lack of VPN working properly on verizon android is stopping me from considering this phone. I've run extensive tests at the verizon store on different phones with 2.1 and 2.2 and none will connect; however, running a test on a similar phone through AT&T connected. Looks like it's another "Feature" of Verizon... they'll probably want to charge extra for it.

OP
S

schoust

Reaction score
I. Wish that were the case! This is a company phone so if we fhad to pay for the service we would have. I don't know what is happening at this time??? I am stumped?