VPN connection and strange icon in status bar

Redneck1984

Reaction score
I have LG Optimus Me P350, ARC XP 1.3 (based on Cynagenmod 7.2), all worked great until yesterday. I have problem with VPN connection. Tried everything but no luck so I flashed ROM again and install app by app manually (didn't use Titanium backup this time). I got strange icon in left side of status bar which is not listed in manual (probably because I have custom ROM). I don't know what it is. The only thing I did differently is EXT3 instead EXT2 partition on SD card for app over Link2SD. All apps work. Still have problem with VPN connection. My computer works OK over VPN but phone doesn't. I make wifi connection but VPN fails (connecting, connected, disconnecting over and over). At home, the only way to have internet connection is over VPN connection. No VPN connection, no internet. Both for computer and Android.

Maybe it has to do something with cantmonut /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) message which I get when trying wipe Dalvik cache. I formatted SD card with FAT 32 and avoided that message, but got message can't wipe ext something. ROM is flashed and there is no strange icon in left corner of status bar. Now I should make new format of SD card and make EXT3 partition, install Link2SD .... I am afraid that I'll get the same message.

Attachments

• Left corner Home screen.jpg
    Left corner Home screen.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,357
OP
R

Redneck1984

Reaction score
Solved. Icon belongs to My data manager app. Strange thing is I had it before, it had more options than now and didn't have icon in status bar. Considering VPN connection, configuring SD card as one FAT 32 partition allows you to wipe Dalvik cash an make clean flash ROM. Than FAT32, EXT3 and SWAP partition, Link2SD, overclock and everything work just fine.