Volume of notifications since OTA

armyman22

Reaction score
Since I downloaded and installed the OTA, my notifications have been very quiet. I've checked the notfication sound volume and it is all the way up. When I got to select a notification, the first one I touch is very soft sounding and perhaps gets a touch louder right at the end. If I hit it again it chimes at the normal sound level. Any ideas or anyone else having this issue??

FYI: not rooted, 100% stock

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I've noticed that some of my sounds are quieter than the volume setting indicates. But, this has happened on mine sometimes before the latest OTA. Before the OTA, this could be resolved by rebooting TB. But this issue does not go away now, as in, after this OTA. Yet another bug??...

Last edited:
OP
A

armyman22

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue??

rbw62

Reaction score
What city are you in? And did you get a notification from VZW about OTA?

OP
A

armyman22

Reaction score
I'm in Raleigh, NC and no I didn't have a notification, just checked for it and it showed up.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
new issues possible?

Note: my unofficial opinion is that there is some kind of issue. But, I don't know it's exact nature. As I was conducting other business in local Verizon store, other customer having his TB checked out for a fault in his email. Just saying...

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
My TB has more problems than fixes via the GB OTA. Voice mail notification gone, sounds randomly get quiet, system freezes at times, need of deleting email twice before they delete, random rebooting (this was reintroduced, that is, phone restarted having this problem after GB), random loss of data signal connection that requires multiple toggling of the data switch or a reboot. That is all I know of at this time, but the list is way too long in light of several OTA "fixes". My question is how am I expected to accept this unacceptable level of bugs introduced by "fixes"?

My answer: I do not any longer accept this situation. Do not mention rooting, I know I could do that. But should I have to do anything to have a phone that works? I think not. Get ready VZW, regardless of whose at fault for sending buggy updates, I think some people will demand other phones to replace this bug phone.

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Go directly to the store and talk to the manager only. They have the power to do what they need to to satisfy you. If that manager won't help you go to another store until you get satisfaction. If it wasn't for the fact that the thunderbolt is the only phone in Verizon's line up that let's you talk and web at the same time in 3g mode, I would have gone with the Bionic by now. I understand your frustration. And now I did not do the gingerbread update. My random reboots have slowed to 3 time a month, and I can live with that for now.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
@djmwilliams1:

Thanks. That's what I have planned to do in just a few minutes. Sorry if I sound like a complainer, but this same thing happened last year with another phone and carrier. Phone had issue, replace, issue, replace, etc. 4x. I had enough then, now it's time to go with something else. I will miss the ability to hotspot and talk at the same time, but I will not miss the bug updates that issue more bugs than fixes. I'll message here somewhere about todays adventure.

Last edited:

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Oh, by the way, rep recently stated I'd be issued replacement phones as long as necessary until warranty was up, without my ability to say "give me some other phone". I've had enough BlunderBolt issues.

I am allowing them to send me one, and only one, replacement phone, to see if it actually is this phone. Personally, I don't think it is. If / when replacement has issues, my demand for the replacement to be something not called ThunderBolt has gone way up to 100%.

Most reliable network demands most reliable devices.