Notification volume

RAZRmax

Reaction score
It appears that the notification volume also affects the ringtone volume and vice-versa, or am I crazy? If I set the text messaging alert sound to 50% the ringer volume seems to take on the same level.

Assuming I'm not mistaken on this, is there some way to turn down the notification volume (say for texts) but leave the ringer at full volume?

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Thanks! I was just setting the notification volume, didn't know about that menu path.

omar908

Reaction score
Actually i cant get them to be linked together >.< like if i lower ringtone volume through the volume buttons it dons not lower the notification volume, any idea on how to link them together?

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
There's a checkbox you can check to set them the same

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
There's a checkbox you can check to set them the same

Not in ICS. You can't join them. They removed that option, which I find annoying.

omar908

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Not in ICS. You can't join them. They removed that option, which I find annoying.

I thought so :/ but ive read in a case where a user had them link and wanted them unliked on the ics RAZR but that's ironic haha

CivENGR

Reaction score
agreed... no option to link the 2 in ICS is very annoying! I adjusted both regularly throughout the day. Free app in play store called "Volume Control" lightened the headache a bit. Also allows you to set and load preset volume levels.

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
omar908 said:
Actually i cant get them to be linked together >.< like if i lower ringtone volume through the volume buttons it dons not lower the notification volume, any idea on how to link them together?

Download Volume Control+ from the Play Store. When you open the app Menu>Settings>System Settings and there is a box there you can check to link the notification and ringer volume.

omar908

Reaction score
bubbasmith58 said:
Download Volume Control+ from the Play Store. When you open the app Menu>Settings>System Settings and there is a box there you can check to link the notification and ringer volume.

I tried it :/ still were separated :(

aarong03

Reaction score
So any idea which app works the best for this issue? I'm currently using cVolume and it has the same issue. Please advise, thanks.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So any idea which app works the best for this issue? I'm currently using cVolume and it has the same issue. Please advise, thanks.

Which issue are you referring to? The OP is about unlinking the volume and notification volumes, but the discussion has turned into wanting them linked since ICS no longer has the option to link them.

If you're wanting them linked, I use Audio Manager Pro, and when I put the ringer into silent mode (or turn it on) via the volume buttons, the notification and system volumes go into silent mode or turn on. They don't adjust to the same level as the ringer, but at least it mutes them all or turns them all on together. I either want the volume off or turned all the way up, so it works for me.

Last edited:

aarong03

Reaction score
Yes, I can adjust everything but notifications sound level. I'll check out the audio pro manager and see if I can get it to work, thanks.

Daballa

Reaction score
Try volume+, free and paid versions.I find the free one is all I need though.

aarong03

Reaction score
I actually looked into my current app cVolume and I found a setting marked notification volume. I checked it so incoming call volume is not the same and now I can adjust the notifcation and call volume separately. I'm using ICS4.0.4.