volume button not working? Droid razr xt912

721luky

Reaction score
Hi i work at a convenience store and found a razr, i kept it for over a week waiting for someone to claim it but nobody has it has a lock screen and ive tried to do a recover but when i get to the menu on the selection screen the volume down key doesnt work. what would be the best way to recover/restore it through pc? thanks
Like This

OP

721luky

Reaction score
Hi i work at a convenience store and found a razr, i kept it for over a week waiting for someone to claim it but nobody has it has a lock screen and ive tried to do a recover but when i get to the menu on the selection screen the volume down key doesnt work. what would be the best way to recover/restore it through pc? thanks
Like This

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Are you trying to find the owner? If so, take it to a Verizon store (if that's the carrier) and they can get it to them.

If you are trying to activate it under your name, it will probably show as lost our stolen and you probably won't be able to use it or could get in trouble if you do.

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you try calling Verizon to see if they can id the owner using the phone or sim card?
I don't know that they can, but it seems like they should be able to...