Voicemail icon

georged

Reaction score
My DroidX has a voicemail icon which looks like o_o
My wife's Droid does not have a voicemail icon. How can I get the voicemail icon for her?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome: to the forum.

Funny, my Droid has the same voicemail icon as you describe. Is her phone rooted with any custom theme applied?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, I guess I'm stumped. Maybe there is a setting that closes the voicemail notification, but I'll be durned if I know where it is.

Sorry. When I get voicemail, I get a 0_0 in my notification bar.

Bogus Exception

Reaction score
I tried _everything_ (yes, even ##7764726 settings), and went through a few levels of VZW tech support (all americans, btw), and it finally took this:

-tech re-enabled voicemail
-tech cleared notification

I left vzw vm disabled on their end, as I am using gv. Told the tech about gv, and he went to go sign up.

I know, it sounds silly, but that is what it took. Other techs at tier 1 said they reset/cleared it, but tier 2 has a different method available.

Escalate, is my only advice.

HTH

pat
:)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is very strange. How long has your wife had her phone? It may be a good idea to take it to VZW and ask for a replacement.

mnmbaldwin

Reaction score
I have been using google voice for quite some time, when out of nowhere, the standard voicemail icon appeared up in my status bar and I can't clear it. I've tried playing all of the voice mails and archiving them and clearing the notifications screen, but I can't get rid of the notification nor the icon. I even tried force closing the standard voicemail application, didn't work. Please help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

screaminscott

Reaction score
same here, but I don't use google voice. ANy help? All I've ever seen is to do a factory reset, which is no solution at all!!!!

tatuud

Reaction score
Call Verizon...they should be able to reset it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

team973

Reaction score
Hello and good afternoon. I'm having an issue with the VM icon...it doesn't go away even after hard reset. I've checked my VM n deleted all old and new messages but the icon remains. I have youmail and I have uninstalled n reinstalled and that does nothing. I was hoping someone in here would be kind enough to help.

I tried searching through the forums with no luck....sorry, still new.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

team973

Reaction score
Did a search...and all I seen was to leave yourself a msg then delete it...tried that n no dice. Any other troubleshooting advice??? Anyone???

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

fiveball02

Reaction score
Ive had this issue before and i cleared the data in app settings for a certain app. Only problem is i dont remember the app. Try looking for dialer, phone, or a voicemail apk.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums