voicemail bug

koralyne

Reaction score
Why won't the notification for my vmail go away? The mail in question was deleted and even a reboot won't remove the notification.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why won't the notification for my vmail go away? The mail in question was deleted and even a reboot won't remove the notification.

On your pull down window did you press clear all?

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
yes I did. It doesn't show up anymore. (The clear button I mean)

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
Also, there's a phone icon that refuses to go away on the right side of the notification bar?

lschicky

Reaction score
That might be a verizon thing, on my old phone it would never disappear till I went in and listened to the whole message and saved it or deleted it. It drove me insane. now I just use the google voice, voicemail.

lschicky

Reaction score
you just have to check your voicemail and let it play through the whole message and then either save or delete the message.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
you just have to check your voicemail and let it play through the whole message and then either save or delete the message.

Sorry it took so long to reply... (forgot about this thread)

I deleted the voicemail the first time I listened to it, so...

I tried reciieving another vmail, and deleting that one... didn't work either. I might have to do a factory reset... which I don't wanna do if I don't have to....

GotnFX

Reaction score

Sorry it took so long to reply... (forgot about this thread)

I deleted the voicemail the first time I listened to it, so...

I tried reciieving another vmail, and deleting that one... didn't work either. I might have to do a factory reset... which I don't wanna do if I don't have to....

Had it happen to me too..but the next vm..some how reset it..I am surprise it didn't work for you. Do you have Missed Call? I think I also removed it and reinstalled.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
how did you do it?

Also, if that doesn't work, is it possible to just completly disable voicemail, I don't even USE it

GotnFX

Reaction score
how did you do it?

Also, if that doesn't work, is it possible to just completly disable voicemail, I don't even USE it

Try turning off your phone..call and leave a vm..then turn it back on. I don't get reception in the basement of the building i work at and when I came up to leave, I received another vm..deleted it and the notification went away.

Also to turn off vm completely, I think you have to call your vm and go into personal options....Now that I think of it, I think I messed around with those settings as well..

Sorry I can't give you a definite answer.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
Ugh!!! It refuses to go away! I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing works...

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I really don't know if this will help you, but you might try dialing voice mail, press 4 for personal options, then press 1 to turn notifications off. I really don't know if it will make the phantom notification go away or not. Turn them back on the same way.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
Easy fix, same thing happened to me. My droid would show that I had a new voicemail - I would check it and I would have no new messages. I had some saved messages in there but even after I tried deleting everything, the new voicemail icon would still show.

Finally called Verizon Wireless and they helped me get rid of it.

Call your voicemail. You will hear the message "You have no new messages." If it says anything about you having SKIPPED messages, then you will want to delete those first. Anyway, you will hear "You have no new messages" upon checking your voicemail, then you will want to press option 4. Then you will press option 1 to turn off "Message Waiting Indicator" (don't hang up yet)... wait a few seconds and then press option 1 again to turn on "Message Waiting Indicator". You can hang up after this. This more or less confuses the phone and resets the messages.. your phone must have gotten stuck.

Hope this helps ^_^ !!

p.s. google voice users - no need to get rid of GV or uninstall, I think it's just a glitch with verizon voicemail.. :motdroidvert:

Got it! Problem solved. =)