Voice Search won't let me curse

Rillix

Reaction score
Hi All

I just got my Droid and I sorta stumbled on a small snag/bug. I know this may sound a little odd and to make a long story short when using the voice search I cannot search for "bad" words. If words are typed in using any of the keyboards it's not a problem, but trying using voice search and every word comes back as ####.

Has anyone else encountered anything similar and if so is there a way around it? This isn't really a game changer on if I keep my Droid since I love it so far but the principle of the idea that Google/Motorola/Verizon will pick and choose what words are considered ok does rub me the wrong way a bit. Many thanks for any info.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
same in text messages that you write with voice, LOL

OP
R

Rillix

Reaction score
I'm curious what you were looking up :icon_ devil:

Well to sum up the rooster next door was being quite obnoxious so I was jokingly looking up "how to shut up a ####". And once that result came up I ran through the usual suspects of naughty words and such to see what it would and would not catch. Suffice it say you cannot look up beasts of burden or a certain character from James Bond.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes i am also looking for a way to get around googles set words that dont show up.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Well to sum up the rooster next door was being quite obnoxious so I was jokingly looking up "how to shut up a ####". And once that result came up I ran through the usual suspects of naughty words and such to see what it would and would not catch. Suffice it say you cannot look up beasts of burden or a certain character from James Bond.
haha good search... get any interesting results? lol

OP
R

Rillix

Reaction score

That's just the problem. With these restrictions in place searches pulled up nothing. Has anyone gotten an official word on this?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

That's just the problem. With these restrictions in place searches pulled up nothing. Has anyone gotten an official word on this?

They probably did this because if the voice search misinterpreted something for a curse word, there could me some angry (and uptight) people out there. It's easier to not allow that function for the voice search because you can obviously just type it in.